This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
    I've seen more retarded commentary in forums regarding Linux and what it really is- but not by much. Seems they feel the need to put down that "hobbyist" OS at every turn...wonder why?

Comment

OMG, comments are really juicy. Funny MS fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        I've seen more retarded commentary in forums regarding Linux and what it really is- but not by much. Seems they feel the need to put down that "hobbyist" OS at every turn...wonder why?
        What you mean he isn't right and it isn't just six people posting under lots of different user names? Man you've rocked my world to the core I better start just using one account.

Comment

I couldn't help but laugh at the comments made by one of those guys who thinks that because someone might use Linux, automatically you can't afford a gaming rig... I would say "au contrarire, mon ami, just because I save those 300+ dollars (which otherwise would go to Vista), I'm able to pack more steam under my rig, without hampering performance"... But that's just me, and I don't think it is even in MY best interest to reply to someone like that.

Comment

not to mention that linux performs considerably faster than anything microsoft ever had, especially their degraded vista..

$300 + linux is a giant boost

Comment

I couldn't help but laugh at the comments made by one of those guys who thinks that because someone might use Linux, automatically you can't afford a gaming rig...
              same here :]

Transgaming has been known to license their Cedega (Wine derivative) backend to console game developers, they did so for The Sims on the PS2 and some others too I believe.
              best joke ever :]

Comment

That bit about Transgaming licensing their code for The Sims for the PS2 caught my eye... I thought Wine was only effective on x86 architectures to run Windows x86 code, not that it couldn't be possible to have it run x86 Windows code on another architecture, but the overhead would be too high, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
                  That bit about Transgaming licensing their code for The Sims for the PS2 caught my eye... I thought Wine was only effective on x86 architectures to run Windows x86 code, not that it couldn't be possible to have it run x86 Windows code on another architecture, but the overhead would be too high, wouldn't it?
                  This depends entirely on whether you're using Cedega in a libwine type manner or as the emulator. If you're doing the former, it can run decently well enough, for varying degrees of "well enough", natively on some other CPU IA. You just don't have good access to external stuff when you do that. It just injects it's overhead for the stuff as if it were running on x86 for the stuff that's native.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                    best joke ever :]
                    I think he got confused with the linux port that used Cedega to run. (I'm pretty sure there was a linux port using cedega). The console version was, to my knowledge, not a straight port as they had to limit some area's to cope with the consoles limitations. (Fewer items and the lark.)

Comment

Hmmm, 2 Duke Nukem video's in the span of when UT3 for linux was supposed to be out. I think Duke is gonna beat UT3 for linux on a release date. I guess pigs do fly.

Comment

Working...
                      X