Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conducting a test, I've found that "views" doesn't map to what one would think of it. Brand-new browser in a clean VirtualBox session, no increase in view count. Not sure WHAT it means, but it's not what we're thinking it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by D0pamine
      This thread alone has had 21,194 views so far , so at the very least 21,194 people interested/concerned about the GNU/Linux version, now 21,194*$50 = $1,059,700 of gross revenue. I certainly wouldnt turn my nose up at that ammount of cash

wow! you can stop right there!!!! if i really believe in what you wrote 21,194 viewers = 21,194 interested/concerned you are soo wrong! how many times i've viewed this damn topic???? hundreds times tbh. Sorry being rude, really sorry.

Ok let's take a break and calm down, please that's not a topic about linux version of ut3 anymore, it's battlefield. I've buyed UT3 thinking that i would be able to play on linux, i was wrong to believe in Epic Games. i was so pissed that i've paid over 50 USD, because my country put taxes so high for imported products! but it's not a problem anymore i've learned the lesson and it's the 1st and last product of epic that i've buyed. Now every single game that the dev says "will support linux version!" i'll wait for a linux version to come out theni'll grab a copy of it (legally)!
      I've never buyed a LGP's games because i don't find beautiful graphically imo. but if they launch a game that would interest me then i'll buy!

Comment

• Setlec, please buy any future games Epic release for Linux which interest you. Just buy the Linux version. Don't refuse to buy their Linux games over this...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          Conducting a test, I've found that "views" doesn't map to what one would think of it. Brand-new browser in a clean VirtualBox session, no increase in view count. Not sure WHAT it means, but it's not what we're thinking it is.
          I was simply trying illustrate that there isnt just a handful of people pissed off/interested in this - there is a large ammount of people , 21k views on 1 thread means nothing when trying to establish actual numbers , after all it is just 1 thread and how accurate the view count is is in question , but it does show relative interest on the subject yes ? Its not just me and a 1000 others or so others is it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Setlec View Post
            wow! you can stop right there!!!! if i really believe in what you wrote 21,194 viewers = 21,194 interested/concerned you are soo wrong! how many times i've viewed this damn topic???? hundreds times tbh. Sorry being rude, really sorry.

Ok let's take a break and calm down, please that's not a topic about linux version of ut3 anymore, it's battlefield. I've buyed UT3 thinking that i would be able to play on linux, i was wrong to believe in Epic Games. i was so pissed that i've paid over 50 USD, because my country put taxes so high for imported products! but it's not a problem anymore i've learned the lesson and it's the 1st and last product of epic that i've buyed. Now every single game that the dev says "will support linux version!" i'll wait for a linux version to come out theni'll grab a copy of it (legally)!
            I've never buyed a LGP's games because i don't find beautiful graphically imo. but if they launch a game that would interest me then i'll buy!
            We have already established that the view count does not increase if one repeatedly views the thread - logged in or not

Comment

• Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
              We have already established that the view count does not increase if one repeatedly views the thread - logged in or not
              Maybe if someone started a poll. Theres no 2 time votes in a poll AFAIK.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                Maybe if someone started a poll. Theres no 2 time votes in a poll AFAIK.
                public poll or for phoronix members only?

Would you buy/play ut3 if it had a GNU/Linux client ?

sort of thing? heh aparantly only people in zimbabwe can vote twice and florida perhaps...

Comment

• Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
                  public poll or for phoronix members only?

Would you buy/play ut3 if it had a GNU/Linux client ?

sort of thing? heh aparantly only people in zimbabwe can vote twice and florida perhaps...
                  i would say phoronix members only then maybe a public poll with some sort of IP checker to control the double+ votes

Comment

• Please guys get back on topic. View count is not a valid measure. I don't know how this board calculates them but they are nowhere valid. Also just because I am looking at this topic doesn't mean I'm interested in the Linux binary for this game ( I'm more the engine tech guy less the play much guy ). Furthermore if you played UT99 and some of the version in between then UT3 doesn't really bring much new to the table... at least not something I would put money down for.

Comment

• it's more a big mix of the Unreal renderer with high tech software included (physics engine, network engine, sound engine and other things from 3rd party companies).

Comment

Working...
                      X