Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Months And Still No UT3 For Linux

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    ...man, im so excited, next month it'll be a YEAR since they announced a linux client for ut3!! Such anniversary calls for a celebration!!
    yeh dude , mass burnings on youtube

    Comment


    • Come on guys... you really expected THEM to make a Linux client after they announced some time ago that they want to pull away from PC game development? That's like hoping for an answer from a person 6 feet under :/

      Comment


      • they also announced there _WOULD_ be a linux client

        Comment


        • It'll be cold day in hell...
          Devel: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 32GB, 6x2TB, 1x256GB-SSD, GTX1080, F33, Dell UP3216Q 4K.
          oVirt: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 96GB, 10x2TB, GTX550, CentOS8.3.
          Win10: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 5x1TB, GTX980, Win10Pro.
          Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33, Dell U2711.
          Laptop: ASUS Strix GL502V, i7-6700HQ, 32GB, 1TB+256GB, 1070M, F33.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
            they also announced there _WOULD_ be a linux client
            Saying that there would be is one thing, actually delivering it is quite another.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Saying that there would be is one thing, actually delivering it is quite another.
              I'm a UT* nut , they have always supplied a GNU/Linux client why they have not this time is beyond my knowlege - we can only speculate why not but i still bought it because i owe them , 4 years of gaming pleasure is worth more than $50 . I just wish they could be honest with their customers and fans . War Tourist appearing in this thread and simply stating nothing other than the epic line doesnt help , I have already bought the game and i will burn it in public if they burn the idea of a GNU/Linux client which after one year we can all safely say they have. Please do not flame me for 'mouthing off' as i'm one pretty pissed off fan....
              I'm starting to think that RMS is right when he says all software should be free ( nothing about artwork ) - long live NEXUIZ!
              Anyway , god bless phoronix for giving me the oportunity to vent my anger thank you!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
                I'm a UT* nut , they have always supplied a GNU/Linux client why they have not this time is beyond my knowlege - we can only speculate why not but i still bought it because i owe them , 4 years of gaming pleasure is worth more than $50 . I just wish they could be honest with their customers and fans . War Tourist appearing in this thread and simply stating nothing other than the epic line doesnt help , I have already bought the game and i will burn it in public if they burn the idea of a GNU/Linux client which after one year we can all safely say they have. Please do not flame me for 'mouthing off' as i'm one pretty pissed off fan....
                I'm starting to think that RMS is right when he says all software should be free ( nothing about artwork ) - long live NEXUIZ!
                Anyway , god bless phoronix for giving me the oportunity to vent my anger thank you!
                If you read closely and understand the history of software development since it became a "mass marketed" (read profitable) product, specially microsoft's history, you'll come to the conclusion that RMS is anything but an extremist. I'd say he's too moderate even.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                  If you read closely and understand the history of software development since it became a "mass marketed" (read profitable) product, specially microsoft's history, you'll come to the conclusion that RMS is anything but an extremist. I'd say he's too moderate even.
                  He's a reasonable gent, really. Had a nice long conversation with him when I ended up walking with him and part of his group that were heading off to the Children's Science Museum for the celebration party in San Jose the year he got the Linus Torvalds Award at Linux World Expo. He struck me as a brilliant individual, first off. He's also someone who deeply cares about this stuff we call software and the concept that people shouldn't be held hostage with pretty much all the software. I don't wholly agree with his position on everything (Including the GNU/Linux stuff)- but we need people like him around to forge the path forward and to keep us all honest. In some ways, I wish I'd taken up his challenge to help out with the CAD software space, but in the end, I went the path that I, the industry, and the Linux community as a whole needed me to go.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    Saying that there would be is one thing, actually delivering it is quite another.
                    Having said it and not delivering it is also a bad PR situation...you don't want to have it on record that you can't live up to your promises to your users. Eventually it comes to bite you in the backside. Even MS is beginning to feel the bite from that sort of thing...

                    Comment


                    • the sole reason i have not bought this game was because of the lack of a linux client... and anyways i still figure a linux/mac client can be put out easy enough if they temporarily disable/remove a few features anyways, like the Physx ( no linux support for this yet.), unrealed ( don't need this either, but it's nice to have ), and whatever else isn't really needed, like in game voice chat.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X