Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well my copy will be being burned on youtube in protest if nothing is forthcoming very shortly , it would have been already but it was a gift

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
      Oh, [the anniversary is] just in a few days im sure.
      I thought it was released back in October/November?

If you end up burning it, post a link here.
      You have to burn the serial number too, just the disc doesn't count.

Comment

• Originally posted by me262 View Post
        I thought it was released back in October/November?

If you end up burning it, post a link here.
        You have to burn the serial number too, just the disc doesn't count.
        Time flies, you know? And also, burn cutouts images of mark rein, tim sweeney and cliffyb.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
          Time flies, you know? And also, burn cutouts images of mark rein, tim sweeney and cliffyb.
          Well by the sounds of things you might get prepared to add John Carmack with him having no interest porting id Tech 5 to linux. He seems more interested with the consoles and mobile devices nowdays. I fear instead of progressing gaming in linux, it's been actually starting it downhill slide back into obscurity.

Comment

• Hypothesizing:
            Part of Carmack's interest could be placed in that the Playstation series is using a lot of linux compatible technology, is much more efficient at what it does, and has USB ports on there, so attaching a USB kayboard and mouse would work.
            Microsoft on the other hand... well, it is USB compatible last I checked...
            That's not to say that someone else won't port it, and he may not have interest, but he may end up doing it to keep the community happy. It's hard to say if there'll be a linux version until it's actually out, or mostly done *COUGH* *COUGH* EPIC *COUGH*. Blizzard started with a Linux version of WoW before it landed on the chopping block.

... why are we talking about this in the UT3 thread? There's a John Carmack thread close by where this is better disussed.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Well by the sounds of things you might get prepared to add John Carmack with him having no interest porting id Tech 5 to linux. He seems more interested with the consoles and mobile devices nowdays. I fear instead of progressing gaming in linux, it's been actually starting it downhill slide back into obscurity.
              Heh... Take a long wild guess where mobile devices are going- and it's NOT Windows Mobile...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                Heh... Take a long wild guess where mobile devices are going- and it's NOT Windows Mobile...
                MacOS X of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
                  well my copy will be being burned on youtube in protest if nothing is forthcoming very shortly , it would have been already but it was a gift
                  linky

and get back onto -chat o/

Comment

Now...you wanna know WHY?

It's because of things like the piracy of LGP titles (I'm dead serious about this...).

It's because of all the pedantic whining about "paying more for 'old' titles".

It's because of WINE "being good enough".

The industry's been watching what we're doing and all that crap is COSTING US.

Comment

MacOS X of course.
                      Now, warn me when you go do things like that... I wanna put on the chest waders on these sorts of occasions because I've just got new boots and slacks...

Comment

Working...
                      X