X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarTourist is the producer on UT3.

Comment

• which begs the question - why does he spend his days deleting forum threads instead of getting my goddam game to work?

Comment

• which begs the question - why does he spend his days deleting forum threads instead of getting my goddam game to work?
        because he's not a programmer/lawyer?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
          because he's not a programmer/lawyer?
          No. He's just a form of project management...
          Of which this project hasn't been properly managed.
          Or has been, and has created such a negative feeling with the target base that the base thinks that the project hasn't been properly managed.

Either way, crack the whip WarTourist...

Comment

• Linux Client = I buy game

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
            No problem! When we're close to release I'll be sure to drop everyone here a line.
            I have been holding off buying this game until the linux client is out i have all previous clients for UT versions and am really looking forward to this one too. Please drive the priority up a bit :-). Not sure I Can wait much longer :-(

Cheers,
            madhead
            Last edited by madhead; 18 July 2008, 05:23 AM. Reason: mistake in title

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
              WarTourist is the producer on UT3.
              Which is one of the reasons why I was polite and reasoned in my responses to him. I'd had a suspicion we were talking with the producer or the lead dev behind that handle (Heh...he got a "Epic Games" sub-handle on his forum login right out of the gate; that should be a hint that he's part of that inside info network Michael has...)- but I wasn't sure at the time he was in here chatting with us.

And, while I'm none too happy about what is an 8-9 month delay in what should have been already released by now, I'm not going to go mouthing off like some have in this forum. Doors get closed with that sort of conduct. While some times it is more appropriate to close the door on an avenue- I'm not wholly sure we honestly want this particular one shut on us.

Comment

• Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
                which begs the question - why does he spend his days deleting forum threads instead of getting my goddam game to work?
                Because he's not a developer- he's middle to upper management?

And there's no need to be making remarks like that- all you're going to do is alienate them further. Don't blame HIM for it not working after you bought it- you bought a WINDOWS title. No Linux client, it's not a Linux title. If it's not a Linux title, it should be a no sale from you. Yes, they DID state that it was going to be out. Yes, they DID initially imply that it'd be like the previous two UT versions. In the end, if it doesn't have TUX on the box or have a download after the fact for it, and you bought it on just promises alone, you have only yourself to blame.

There is likely to be at least a few industry players watching this unfold. Your and others' comments on here may impact things for some time to come.

You might want to temper your remarks in the future. Until someone makes a Linux version, you really and truly aren't their userbase. Forget being their "customer"- you're not. You didn't buy it from them, you bought it from a retailer- you are that retailer's customer and all they sold you was a box with Windows software in it with no ability for them to fix the problem save taking it back (If that...).

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                  Yes, they DID initially imply that it'd be like the previous two UT versions. .
                  Previous 3 actually, UT99, UT2003 and UT2004.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    Previous 3 actually, UT99, UT2003 and UT2004.
                    Heh... Keeping me honest, eh? I never was into UT99, so I didn't know about the installer being in and TUX being on the box.

Anyhow, that doesn't dilute the remark I made. If you don't see it in that condition or know for a fact that there's already a native client, then you're not buying a Linux title. Anyone that bought solely on a promise did it to themselves, unfortunately.

Comment

• Really? Were all previous UT games available for linux natively? I ask because I have the unreal anthology boxset collecting dust and if the games included have linux clients maybe i can play them.

Comment

Working...
                      X