Zero Ballistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Ballistics

New tank game based on open scene graph - Linux beta available.

Pretty cool until you get shot down too fast You need a card with Shader Model 2.0, so basically GeForce 5 or better or Radeon 9500+.
    Last edited by Kano; 27 April 2008, 08:07 PM.

Hm interesting, looks like it's from an Austrian developer team.

Comment

Thanks for mentioning this game, Kano. It's really fun to play with some friends! Haven't done Team Deathmatch, but it looks like a great game to play in the school with some friends when there's nothing else to do. We're having Trackmania United for that atm...

Comment

Its a great game however it needs a way to adjust for slow connections giveing a more even playing field.
        Those that dont play mp games much get fragged before they have a chance to move out of the parking lot.

Comment

Well I enjoy most of the time a very low ping (<40) to the offical server, so it is more easy for me... Maybe just host a game on your pc - it seems you do not even need a portforward, just try. Then others can connect to your pc and frag you

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Well I enjoy most of the time a very low ping (<40) to the offical server, so it is more easy for me... Maybe just host a game on your pc - it seems you do not even need a portforward, just try. Then others can connect to your pc and frag you
            This game is fun and has nice scenery .
            Seems I am having more than one issue with mp gaming, first off I sit too long in one spot but I don't seem to be able to move as fast
            as other games, perhaps my fps is affecting my gameing but is made worse when i sit to contemplate my next moves, guess i was not cut out for mp gaming, although as long as others don't mind i will continue to try and so far i enjoy this tank game.

Comment

Well if somebody is used to fps then it is no big deal to learn it. Just the same as when you use a vehicle with games like UT2k3. There is just a huge difference in online gaming compared to single player: you can not use god mode and therefore you have to be fast. This game is pure online, no single player mode.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

I like the beta, will play more when my savage 2 addiction wears off...

Comment

There is a new update out: beta 1.1. The biggest difference is that MG fire is limited to about 3 s then it overheats. Also there is a new level dm_bridge which has cool jumps. You need 1 speed upgrade to jump over bridges over the lake. All Kanotix users can install it this way:

apt-get update && apt-get install zero-ballistics-demo

Maybe you see a live cd with it soon too.

Comment

Live CD with automatic installer for nvidia and ati graphics cards:

There must be a bug in the game that sound does not always work, in that case often

sudo alsaconf

helps then just press enter until it is done. If you use a CRT or you TFT reports wrong resolution use

live screen=1600x1200

or whatever size you want to use. The cd defaults to german, so look into Spiele/Arcade.

Comment

Working...
                    X