Jack Keane on Linux ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Keane on Linux ?

According to some statements made on the Internet, Jack Keane should be ported to Linux in the coming weeks. Rune Soft is behind the port.

After the succesful release of Ankh 2, Jack Keane is another graphical point 2 click adventure game.

More informations about this game :
    Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.

I figured that Deck13 and Runesoft was enjoying some success in the Linux version space. I suspect that they'll make a Linux version- but it remains to be seen if there'll be a pre-order play like the last two passes with Ankh and Ankh2 or if this one will be floated directly without having a break-even level of interest already in place. As long as I'm assured that I'll get either the game or my money back, I won't mind doing the pre-order thing with them- they've proven themselves well enough to be given the benefit of the doubt on that score.

Comment

Jack Keane is now available for pre-order

Comment

Originally posted by duglambier View Post
        Jack Keane is now available for pre-order
        Good. Runesoft's had a shaky start on a few things (I can't comment too much on LGP's former partner... ) but it seems that they may have found a spot in the segment finally where they're doing a lot better at things.

Comment

I'm downloading the trailer now, these guys can pull out some really funny characters and interesting games... Reminds me of a mixture between Indiana Jones and Monkey Island (oddly both from Lucas Arts ) I may be pre-ordering this one.

Comment

I remember playing this demo and absolutely hating the game. Oh well, to each his own.

Comment

Hmm... Not a bad idea, I hope it will work on my Vista install on this laptop... The trailer was funny, hopefully it didn't show all the funny parts of the game, and there are many more (like Anhk).

... By the way, if anyone else tried the trailer, were you able to get any sound off it in Linux? I wasn't, had to see it in Vista.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                I remember playing this demo and absolutely hating the game. Oh well, to each his own.
                I wouldn't go as far to say that I hated the demo. I simply didn't like it. When I tried it out I found the dialogues absolutely shallow and ridiculous. Needless to say that I didn't find the jokes funny at all.

Also, I didn't like the graphics. What irritated me most were the strange colours.

This game simply isn't for me. There are not many, but definitely better Adventures out in the market.

Comment

75 so far. I hope IxSoft, Tuxgames and others will carry on with other titles like Europa Universalis 3

Comment

I think they are committing a big mistake, I don't know if you have noticed that "heavy" price difference:
                    Jack Keane for Windows, can buy it for 20 Euros / 30 USA dollars;
                    Jack Keane preorder for Linux, 40 Euros / 60 USA dollars.

Comment

Working...
                    X