Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't know how to install off ISO file

I downloaded this game Last HalfOf_Darknessdisk1.iso
    and of course it is for windows I mounted it but niow how do I install it I downloaded wine and read the manual on the site but being a noob I can't see anything in there explaining how to install from an ISO file ( .exe) anyway this is where I like windows just for the easy gaming. But I want to try staying with Linux

Ahem...

I was nice when I helped you figure out how to mount ISO images.

Unless you go a LONG way to proving that WRF studios allowed you to download that ISO after having bought it, I am going to have to consider that it's from a cracked copy of their content as the only way I know of downloading an ISO of this game is via one of the pirate releases on the web or off of the Pirate Bay.

I certainly hope that is NOT how you obtained that ISO file. At the least, you will get no further help from myself, or pretty much anyone else in this forum if you did get it via those means.

Comment

I downloaded this game Last HalfOf_Darknessdisk1.iso
      bye. no help.

Comment

Tough luck. But if you know enough to grab them from some pirate release, you ought to know well enough not to ask about these things.

Now, assuming the outside chance you actually bought the disc and then grabbed the iso file off the internet, you should show us the proof of purchase first.

Comment

I am actually the developer of Last Half of Darkness... and want to thank you guys for your part in discouraging piracy by not helping him out.

Comment

Welcome WilliamWRFStudios.

It's really the only sensible thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamWRFStudios View Post
              I am actually the developer of Last Half of Darkness... and want to thank you guys for your part in discouraging piracy by not helping him out.
              Not a problem.

I'm always helpful to someone being honest- but I flatly won't help perpetuate the problem of Copyright Infringement by helping someone cheating (Not to mention that I wouldn't want someone doing the same to an LGP title... ) Moreover, I don't want the impression that the Linux user community won't pay for content to be propagated- it's bad enough as it is with the impression that since Linux users didn't pay for their OS that they'd be unwilling to pay for games, etc. which is flatly wrong.

Welcome to the Phoronix forums, fellow developer- what brings you here?

Comment

Sweet. Can we get a Linux port of this now please?

Comment

I actually reported the thread, guess Michael or another mod didn't get the report. At any rate, it is very reassuring that the Linux community rejects piracy. I know I do, and many others do as well, sadly there's many that don't in the community. I won't sail deeper into the murky waters talking about piracy is.

Comment

I don't think it's actually fair to say that piracy exists in the Linux world and not in other platforms. Piracy exists in many different forms, period.

Comment

Working...
                    X