Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Interactive Confirms Their Latest Linux Game Ports

Phoronix: Feral Interactive Confirms Their Latest Linux Game Ports

Last week during Valve's SteamOS / Linux game sale that happened during the Game Developers' Conference, a number of new Linux games were confirmed. We now know who is working on porting some of these new titles over to Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Something needs to come from EA and bring Origin to Linux along with Blizzard. As much as I like Steam I can't imagine having true PC gaming experience without their titles on Linux.

Comment

You forgot the mention Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor:

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        Something needs to come from EA and bring Origin to Linux along with Blizzard. As much as I like Steam I can't imagine having true PC gaming experience without their titles on Linux.
        Blizzard in this new Petition said Not right now, till linux grows much more...:

Hello Linux Gamers, I sent an e-mail with some of the positive comments people have been leaving to co-founders Mr. Morhaime and Mr. Pearce. Here is what Mr. Morhaime wrote back. ---------- I certainly appreciate your passion and enthusiasm around this. Those are some great comments that you have included below, but the numbers just aren’t there right now. Linux usage represents less than 2% of

However they could at least Export (no need to even port) hearthstone which runs on Unity3d...

Anyway lets support those that support us more. Love u Feral!

Comment

They're already porting Shadow of Mordor and now these 3 games. I haven't played their port of Empire: Total war, but their port of XCOM is damn good. I'm really excited for these games and for Feral continuing to get work porting games to Linux.

Comment

Interessting about Blizzards argumentation is that Linux users play their games anyways via dual-boot or wine. They expect much less purchases than you can expect from 2% market share...
            Stop installing windows, folks!

Comment

I'm glad they're continuing to port stuff, that obviously means it's a financially viable prospect.

As long as from a developer/publisher point-of-view that they've got nothing to lose in porting then they're going to do it. We just need to reach the tipping point where we'll get the likes of EA and Activision green-lighting ports. Not that I want their games, but that's obviously the litmus test that Linux is a true gaming platform (on desktop / PC anyway, not counting Android).

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                Interessting about Blizzards argumentation is that Linux users play their games anyways via dual-boot or wine. They expect much less purchases than you can expect from 2% market share...
                Stop installing windows, folks!
                I agree.. BUT the problem isn't the number of games but the quality of games. Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 3 are a great start. Now we need bioshock series along with the battlefield series just AAA in general. I'll have to say that this Batman looks good along with Company of Heros..

Comment

i can't say anything that wouldn't be expressed with immortal words from futurama

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                    Blizzard in this new Petition said Not right now, till linux grows much more...:

Hello Linux Gamers, I sent an e-mail with some of the positive comments people have been leaving to co-founders Mr. Morhaime and Mr. Pearce. Here is what Mr. Morhaime wrote back. ---------- I certainly appreciate your passion and enthusiasm around this. Those are some great comments that you have included below, but the numbers just aren’t there right now. Linux usage represents less than 2% of

However they could at least Export (no need to even port) hearthstone which runs on Unity3d...

Anyway lets support those that support us more. Love u Feral!
                    What? Hearthstone runs on Unity? Then it's literally just clicking the "export to Linux" button! Surely even from 1% marketshare will they make enough money to compensate for the extra worksecond.

Comment

Working...
                    X