No announcement yet.

Valve Launches SteamOS Sale, Confirms A Lot Of New Linux Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are some pretty significant titles! Too bad my favorite games aren't quite so mainstream (Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Devil May Cry). My greatest hope is Steam OS will be successful enough that future titles in these series will have Linux releases.

Comment

Originally posted by clementl View Post
      Since Dota 2 seems to be using Vulkan, and Valve already announced a big engine upgrade first half of 2015, it's not strange to assume Dota 2 will have Vulkan support earlier.
      Looks like we might not have to wait too long for Vulkan drivers from Intel.
      They are already demoing them against OpenGL. It's not clear if it's on Windows or Linux though.

Comment

Originally posted by clementl View Post
        Flatout isn't normal?
        Well, Flatout is just a wine wrapper for the Windows game that is supported by GOG. It's not a native Linux application. Whether that's a a good thing or not is debatable. It's also not on Steam, which may or may not matter to people.

Comment

Gah too bad Magicka 1 didn't get ported. I don't enjoy that game enough to go out of my way to boot into Windows for it but I still like it enough to want to play it casually.

Comment

You know GabeN has succeeded when AAA studios produce special trailers for Linux releases... holy shit

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor for Linux trailer
            Fight through Mordor and uncover the truth of the spirit that compels you, discover the origins of the Rings of Power, build your legend and ultimately confr...

Comment

God damn Rome 2 Total War - at this point, I will believe it when I see it. Also, from what I have seen, they did this port in house (normally they use either Aspyr or Feral, forget which one), and the OSX in house port is kind of meh. Really annoying that the Linux port was announced so long ago (with no mention of OSX), and yet, OSX was released last year...

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                You know GabeN has succeeded when AAA studios produce special trailers for Linux releases... holy shit

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor for Linux trailer
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YDJN7MkZMk
                My favorite part is where it says 'Linux' instead of 'SteamOS'. We've arrived, people.

Comment

Originally posted by scionicspectre View Post
                  My favorite part is where it says 'Linux' instead of 'SteamOS'. We've arrived, people.
                  That made me smile too
                  It looks like Valve is going to replace the Tux by a custom SteamOS logo (take a look at the steamos page...)

Comment

the witcha 3

i don't know if this is good or not that good, given witcha 2 history (read „port“ here)...

Comment

Originally posted by sbolokanov View Post
                      the witcha 3

i don't know if this is good or not that good, given witcha 2 history (read ?port? here)...
                      They have improved that port since then.

Comment

Working...
                      X