Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Launches SteamOS Sale, Confirms A Lot Of New Linux Games

Phoronix: Valve Launches SteamOS Sale, Confirms A Lot Of New Linux Games

Making GDC2015 week even more exciting for Linux gamers on top of the Source 2 Engine, the Steam Link streaming device, and Steam Machines shipping this year is a big SteamOS game sale via Steam. This sale is selling not only existing Linux/SteamOS game ports but also several AAA games being ported to Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Vulkan?

I wonder how many of these are/will use Vulkan

Comment

Argh, and I'm already partway through Shadow of Mordor on Windows. Oh well, I'm on the Radeon driver so it'd probably run like crap on my Linux box anyway.

Glad to see Batman. Is that using UE4? If so that's encouraging given that it's likely to be one of the more used engine for AAA, we might see more stuff on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
        Erm...none. Vulkan doesn't exist yet.

Comment

Shadow of Mordor... Oh my...

/faints

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
            Initially, not a single one. It's possible a "Vulkan Patch" might come at a later date. I wouldn't expect to see any game utilizing Vulkan until 2016, very late 2015 at the absolute earliest.

Comment

SoM, Batman, second copy of torchlight 2 and witcher 3... goodbye money you're free now fly away home to gaben.

Comment

With GRID Autosport finally the first normal racing game is coming to Linux. Will buy when it is ready.
                And finally Torchlight II was released for Linux! It's downloading right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lysius View Post
                  With GRID Autosport finally the first normal racing game is coming to Linux. Will buy when it is ready.
                  And finally Torchlight II was released for Linux! It's downloading right now.
                  Flatout isn't normal?

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
                    Initially, not a single one. It's possible a "Vulkan Patch" might come at a later date. I wouldn't expect to see any game utilizing Vulkan until 2016, very late 2015 at the absolute earliest.
                    Since Dota 2 seems to be using Vulkan, and Valve already announced a big engine upgrade first half of 2015, it's not strange to assume Dota 2 will have Vulkan support earlier.

Comment

Working...
                    X