HTC & Valve Partnered Up For The Steam VR Headset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    Oculus doesn't really care about its Linux SDK. They promised it when they sold the DK2, but it took them ages to release it.
    They released their sdk for linux, but their engine integration for unity and unreal still doesn't work correctly, so 90+% of everything people do with the rift doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
      this might be a strange question, but since i never had chance to play with any VR goggles... how does it play out if one needs glasses?
      Pretty sure you don't wear/need the glasses. Same idea as looking through a telescope or a microscope. Besides, John Carmack decided to be part of the Oculus Rift team due to liking the product so much and he wears glasses.

Comment

Why am I not excited by VR; could it be because of last years hype and the year before that and the year before that and the 3d-hype before that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rakl?dder View Post
          Why am I not excited by VR; could it be because of last years hype and the year before that and the year before that and the 3d-hype before that?
          I suspect you are not excited because you haven't tried tried one.

Comment

Originally posted by ollybee View Post
            I suspect you are not excited because you haven't tried tried one.
            I rather not feel sick (motion sickness) while playing my favorite games.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Pretty sure you don't wear/need the glasses
              If you look at the video someone posted in this thread about the latest Rift prototype, you?ll see them wearing the Rift with their glasses on. Also a friend bought the DK2 and told me he had troubles with his glasses pressing on his head because of the headset.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Pretty sure you don't wear/need the glasses. Same idea as looking through a telescope or a microscope. Besides, John Carmack decided to be part of the Oculus Rift team due to liking the product so much and he wears glasses.
                i hope it is so, i never liked contact lenses even a little

thanks

Comment

And what will this HTC Revived have over Razers junk or the Oculus Rift (besides looking more snazzy?)

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
                    i hope it is so, i never liked contact lenses even a little

thanks
                    I have a Google Cardboard and I need my glasses for it. And I read multiple times that there is enough space that you can keep wearing your glasses underneath the Oculus Rift headset and I suppose it's the same with Valves headset.

Comment

Nausea issue

If the can fix the nausea bug, then I'm all in.
                      Until then, this is a dead end I am afraid.

Comment

Working...
                      X