Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Interactive Is Looking To Do More Linux Games

Phoronix: Feral Interactive Is Looking To Do More Linux Games

Feral Interactive, a game publisher and developer that historically focused on bringing AAA games to Mac OS X, is now looking to do more Linux game ports...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So that's why the promised Bioshock port is delayed?

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
      So that's why the promised Bioshock port is delayed?
      Was there a promised Bioshock port I missed or are you talking about Infinity?

Comment

Hope this means more Total War ports like S2/FoTS/Napolean/M2.

Comment

Excellent ports

One should note that these ports are of excellent quality. I own both XCOM and Empire and both work to the perfection with the OSS radeon drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
            Hope this means more Total War ports like S2/FoTS/Napolean/M2.
            Please, yes, this! Only issue is that I own some of these games already... How can I buy them again so they count as linux sales should they port them? Fortunately, I didn't even know about Empire until there was a Linux port.

Empire Total War is an amazing port... On reasonable settings, Empire was totally playable on my Haswell laptop! Obviously it runs quite well on my desktop with GTX 980.

Comment

I'm all for this. Feral's port of X-COM is solid

Comment

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
                Please, yes, this! Only issue is that I own some of these games already... How can I buy them again so they count as linux sales should they port them? Fortunately, I didn't even know about Empire until there was a Linux port.

Empire Total War is an amazing port... On reasonable settings, Empire was totally playable on my Haswell laptop! Obviously it runs quite well on my desktop with GTX 980.
                Dunno - honestly I own pretty much every TW game already with all DLC/expansions *sigh*. I believe you can buy it again as a gift to someone, but that person would need to install it in Linux for it to count. The Empire port is solid though, I would honestly say its more stable than the Windows (wonder if they fixed any extra bugs in there). It is also really CPU limited vs GPU at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
                  How can I buy them again so they count as linux sales should they port them?
                  Why would you buy the same game again? Just wait until they release Linux games you haven't played yet and purchase those. If you have already played all their games then just buy Linux games from other developers. There are plenty of indie developers caring about Linux and making solid games for it. If you truly want to support Linux gaming then the best way is to do all your gaming exclusively on Linux. If the game you want doesn't exist on Linux, find another game. Nowadays there are enough Linux games to keep you occupied, single, and jobless for quite a long time if you so wish.

Comment

Why does it have to be in London :P

Comment

Working...
                    X