Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    No need to think about Windows right now, we need to beat OSX first
    No, because Macfags will never leave Apple.

They know Windows is a superior gaming platform when compared to Mac, yet they still chose Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Windows is a much better gaming platform than Linux.

Drivers are overall faster and more feature complete.
      There is a larger ecosystem of gaming-related software such as Skype, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, Xfire, and software for macro, keybinding, screen capture, screen recording and streaming.

Also gaming peripherals such as keyboards and mouse often come with software to utilize macro keys and these software are seldom available for Linux.
      I'm pretty sure that was trolling, as almost all those things work fine on Linux.

Comment

No, because Macfags will never leave Apple.

They know Windows is a superior gaming platform when compared to Mac, yet they still chose Mac.
        We must be the same then

Well am not said, we need to change OSX users mind - those probably know for what they used it for, just beat them by numbers on steam, with more games, more users.

Comment

I actually used Steam more last month than I ever have on Linux at least. But that's just me. I have yet to see the survey.

Comment

For those of you who rarely/never see the survey - do you leave your computers on for days/weeks at a time? As far as I'm aware, the survey only happens when you first sign in. Since I don't leave my computer on every night, I sign in somewhat frequently so it increases my chances of being asked.

Comment

The machine stays on but Steam doesn't. I guess I've just been unlucky.

Comment

There is a larger ecosystem of gaming-related software such as Skype, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, Xfire, and software for macro, keybinding, screen capture, screen recording and streaming.

Also gaming peripherals such as keyboards and mouse often come with software to utilize macro keys and these software are seldom available for Linux.
                What a troll! I get better FPS with X-Plane on Ubuntu than on a fully updated Windows 8.1!

Comment

Originally posted by jagoly View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that was trolling, as almost all those things work fine on Linux.
                  I was about to say that too. I personally use Skype (but prefer anything but), GFire, and do video recordings and streams.

Comment

That is pretty much true for the foreseeable future.
                    Sure, some games on linux may perform a bit better, however, the vast majority of games are still windows only. So, if you are a pure gamer, windows is your only choice.

Most of those listed work fine on linux, except for decent screen recording/streaming.

True, lots of keyboards & mice either don't work the same, or it works badly.
                    I got a 7 button mouse, and there is no native support for it in linux. They are stuck with 3 buttons for the most part, maybe 4 if you are lucky.

Comment

>Drivers are overall faster and more feature complete.

Not only that, but any bug is workaround by developers or quickly reported to driver maker

>There is a larger ecosystem of gaming-related software such as Skype, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, Xfire, and software for macro, keybinding, screen capture, screen recording and streaming.

half true... most of people don't know the tools, but they do exist!!

you also have in linux skype and teamspeak
                      you can use gfire to connect to xfire network
                      ventrilo is developing a linux client and of course, just use mumble, its better than all those

for macros, you have xmacro

for screen capture, use glc (their moto: the "linux fraps")

steaming... i known none... steam will do it, but there are probably something else out there... for sure the glc and vlc/ffmpeg can do it

Comment

Working...
                      X