New Beta Of Witcher 2 Aims For Greater Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    Well, if wine could come up with a simple wrapper version as well, that would be great. However, it won't happen probably.
    You mean like Winelib?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      Nope. Something like eON or Wineskin for Mac. Something that is able to wrap windows programs so they behave just like as if they were native and requires no additional stuff to be installed.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        Nope. Something like eON or Wineskin for Mac. Something that is able to wrap windows programs so they behave just like as if they were native and requires no additional stuff to be installed.
        How are those any different than winelib? Do they not require the developers to recompile the code?

Winelib doesn't require any additional stuff to be installed.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
          How are those any different than winelib? Do they not require the developers to recompile the code?

Winelib doesn't require any additional stuff to be installed.
          They're not. People misunderstand what was done with the others. In all three instances, you have to re-compile things to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaakuro View Post
            It is not a bug. I guess the game dev. do not know that mesa does not support compatiblity extension. You can create core profile till 3.3. What they do is that they are trying to mix old OpenGL stuff (compatiblity mode) with new one. They should get rid of compatibility mode.
            Heh...the Big Two have been trying to drive a stake into the heart of that particular vampire for YEARS now. You won't have this dev arguing. There's little to be gained from using the old stuff except with simple rendering tasks.

Comment

Steam and GOG beta updated, see Readme.md https://github.com/KillaW0lf04/The-Witcher-2-Issues

Comment

Even with the latest beta is still get 23 FPS with GTX 760 on latest drivers...

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
                  Even with the latest beta is still get 23 FPS with GTX 760 on latest drivers...
                  I doubt that it's the GPU that's the problem. They've got something single-threaded going on in eON and I can't see that they're going to "fix" this realistically with it so long as it's single-threaded. It's amazing that it's getting the framerates that it does. If it wasn't crippled with the bad design piece there, this would probably fly, getting half again more performance over WINE.

Comment

@Veske

Intel Core i or AMD cpu?

Comment

Intel core i5-4570, GTX 760 and 8 GB of RAM. In game settings I have maxed everything exept for V-sync and motion blur.

Comment

Working...
                      X