New Beta Of Witcher 2 Aims For Greater Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I recently switched back to radeon though, and the game still doesn't work on that. Even if it did work though, it probably wouldn't perform that great.
    You can run it. Enter the install directory and issue this command manually:
    Code:
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.steam/bin32/ ~/.steam/bin32/steam-runtime/run.sh ./witcher2 --eon_opengl21
    Even with OGL2, it runs surprisingly well. Rumor has it there is a workaround for OGL3 in the making, so it should be working once the next beta arrives.

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    Not really. They work on other games too. Linux version of TW3 is not confirmed: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/article...confirmed.4167
    I hope you're right. A bunch of old games coming with this wrapper would be awesome. They wouldn't be ported properly anyway and this solution is not as messy as wine.

Comment

Will this patched version be pushed to GOG version of Witcher 2 or is it just Steam? I got the GOG version for free as part of a promotion they were doing but the Steam one seems nicer with automatic updates and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        You can run it. Enter the install directory and issue this command manually:
        Code:
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.steam/bin32/ ~/.steam/bin32/steam-runtime/run.sh ./witcher2 --eon_opengl21
        Even with OGL2, it runs surprisingly well. Rumor has it there is a workaround for OGL3 in the making, so it should be working once the next beta arrives.
        Hmm nifty. I think I might still wait though. I have other games I can play in the meantime. It's weird though because I thought OGL3 was fully supported in mesa?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Hmm nifty. I think I might still wait though. I have other games I can play in the meantime. It's weird though because I thought OGL3 was fully supported in mesa?
          According to the dev, mesa fails when the game is asking for a core context instead of querying all 3.2 extensions one by one. It's a mesa bug. That's good news, because it can be worked around (by going the querying route) in the game, and also it can be fixed in mesa. We only have to wait a bit, probably both will happen.

Comment

It was very badly working on Intel HD 4400, now trying the beta, it's not working at all!!! thanks eOn!!! if Witcher 3 is eOn I'm running away !!!

Comment

@Michael: but you did miss this ( https://github.com/KillaW0lf04/The-W...mment-70857835 ) dialogue

Comment

Originally posted by Coloneil View Post
                It was very badly working on Intel HD 4400, now trying the beta, it's not working at all!!! thanks eOn!!! if Witcher 3 is eOn I'm running away !!!
                That GPU is way to slow for The Witcher 2 anyway. So it doesn't matter if it works or not.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  I hope you're right. A bunch of old games coming with this wrapper would be awesome. They wouldn't be ported properly anyway and this solution is not as messy as wine.
                  Well ... i enjoyed it with wine. If anything is messy, it's eON. If you turn two blind eyes to eON you can call it experimental/study project at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Asariati View Post
                    That GPU is way to slow for The Witcher 2 anyway. So it doesn't matter if it works or not.
                    That GPU is running Metro Last Light, Borderlands 2 , HL2, L4D2, ... without any issues so I don't see why it can't run Witcher 2 ... Minimum specs are even lower than MLL ...

Comment

Originally posted by Coloneil View Post
                      That GPU is running Metro Last Light, Borderlands 2 , HL2, L4D2, ... without any issues so I don't see why it can't run Witcher 2 ... Minimum specs are even lower than MLL ...
                      HL2 is over 10 years old...

Other thing is that in theory mesa supports opengl 3, but in practice it has still problems with some functions.

Comment

Working...
                      X