No announcement yet.

Signs Of Final Fantasy XIII-2 Potentially Being Ported To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm one of this guys that puts FF8/FF7 on the top (yes, in this order :P) so I never wanted to play any FF after 10th version... but since, this one may come to linux, I may give it a try

Comment

So much hate on FF XIII yet people want more games on Linux, ungrateful people. Its all about choice the more the merrier.

SE ported FF 13 part 1, part 2 and Lightning Returns is on the way as well as possibly FF XV, on Windows platform. I would gladly except all of those natively on Linux rather than yet another FPS but i am not speaking for everybody and wellcome any additions to our growing gaming capabilities.

That said i see no reason for SE porting part 2 without part 1.

Comment

FF XIII as well

So based on the information that Phoronix reported I checked out FF XIII, surprise they have the same updates so it's possible that the entire XIII series is coming over.

Comment

Originally posted by sunweb View Post
          So much hate on FF XIII yet people want more games on Linux, ungrateful people. Its all about choice the more the merrier.

SE ported FF 13 part 1, part 2 and Lightning Returns is on the way as well as possibly FF XV, on Windows platform. I would gladly except all of those natively on Linux rather than yet another FPS but i am not speaking for everybody and wellcome any additions to our growing gaming capabilities.

That said i see no reason for SE porting part 2 without part 1.
          Lolwut? So posting a non favorable opinion about something is called hate now? And any game ported to Linux becomes great just because it is ported to Linux?

Comment

Mixed feelings on this one. 7 was my all time favourite for a long time. 6 and 8 are pretty high up there too, as well as Chrono Trigger if you'll allow me to count that. Wasn't so keen on 4 but maybe it was because it was crippled as others have said. I've never had time to properly play the others but I've watched my wife play. I think the magic may have gone for me and even she wasn't impressed with 13 for the reasons usually stated. I'd be willing to give it another look though, I've been known to change my mind.

Comment

Am I the only one here that thought V was the best? Followed by VI.

I (or my younger brother) have 13 on the PS3, but I never got around to playing it.

Comment

For me FF peaked in VI, all downhill from then onwards. I did enjoy 13 despite it being a linear run with ooh-shiny-pretty, but it's a very different experience to a proper FF; take it as eye candy.

Nowadays I'm mainly in the Tales-Xeno axis. 2015 will have both Tales of Zestiria and Xenoblade Chronicles X, at least something to wait for.

Comment

Originally posted by jagoly View Post
                  Am I the only one here that thought V was the best?
                  I suspect fewer people have played it. I never did. It was the last Japan-only title to be released in the west.

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
                    Lolwut? So posting a non favorable opinion about something is called hate now? And any game ported to Linux becomes great just because it is ported to Linux?
                    Did you read what i wrote? I never said that any game is good because its ported to Linux i said that its good that there is one to begin with. But here many people say they don't need it because they don't like it and yes, its called hate on the internet last 5 years, so yeah.
                    So unless you think that having less choices is better whats your point here?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                      For me FF peaked in VI, all downhill from then onwards. I did enjoy 13 despite it being a linear run with ooh-shiny-pretty, but it's a very different experience to a proper FF; take it as eye candy.

Nowadays I'm mainly in the Tales-Xeno axis. 2015 will have both Tales of Zestiria and Xenoblade Chronicles X, at least something to wait for.
                      I bought the remakes for GBA and DS for FF1 - FF6 and those were brutal in terms of difficulty. FF3 (DS) was the lowest; downright corny story.

FF7 was ho-hum for me but FF8 remained my top-ranked game to date. Totally unique gameplay mechanism, and that story. X and X-2 make up 2nd best for me, and everything after that was just no longer FF in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                      X