Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Redux Linux GPU/Driver Tests Are Coming

Phoronix: Metro Redux Linux GPU/Driver Tests Are Coming

Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux launched for Linux yesterday at long last. The Metro Redux titles utilize OpenGL 4.x on Linux and I'm pleased to say they're in (mostly) good shape for automated benchmarking so that we'll be able to run some Phoronix Test Suite sanctioned performance tests of the Metro Redux games on Linux with varying GPUs and drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That would be really cool! I only have got MLL and the gfx looked really nice. Maybe a Linux benchmark mode could be added there as well - to be able to benchmark OSS drivers!

Comment

Michael, for grins have you attempted to run the game on a 1 GB graphics card? Seeing how the Windows redux versions only requires a 512 MB card as a minimum. It says it needs 2GB of VRAM for the Linux version but I'm curious as to what will happen if a 1 GB card is used.

I'd like to play it but I won't be buying a new graphics card just to play the Linux version of the same redux games.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
        Michael, for grins have you attempted to run the game on a 1 GB graphics card? Seeing how the Windows redux versions only requires a 512 MB card as a minimum. It says it needs 2GB of VRAM for the Linux version but I'm curious as to what will happen if a 1 GB card is used.

I'd like to play it but I won't be buying a new graphics card just to play the Linux version of the same redux games.
        Not until the benchmark mode fully works... Until then not really worth my time testing many GPUs.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Not until the benchmark mode fully works... Until then not really worth my time testing many GPUs.
          Also there's this: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...uality-glitch/

Comment

Is there anybody who can share some experience with performance on Kaveri?

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
              Yep, that's the same graphical glitch I get on my 780Ti on Very High. Works fine on High or lower. It's hard to tell what's causing the issue. That's the ridiculous problem of bundling a whole bunch of graphical options into a catchall called "Quality" rather than having separate options for each.

Comment

Originally posted by TFA
                Thus for now everything can be automated but we can't read the results
                At the risk of repeating myself, libframetime would handle this. In fact it's ideal for this case, an automated, reproducible run.

It would give not only the avg fps, but full frame time information.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                  Is there anybody who can share some experience with performance on Kaveri?
                  Tested with Xubuntu 14.04 with Linux 3.13 and catalyst 14.12(14.50). Benchmark gives approx 7 fps average(8 fps with tear-free turned off). I use 1 GB for video memory. Horrible settings menu ingame. Have to edit user.cfg files to change stuff. Still havent figured out how to change resolution(it resets to desktop config). Don't think this game will be enjoyable on kaveri without some heavy config modifications.

I'll try more later...after exams.

Comment

Hey guys, I've started a thread to figure out how to improve or figure out why performance is so bad.
                    In my case benchmark is always horrible varying betwen 10~20 fps, averaging 15, no matter what options I try out it simply won't change.
                    In game however medium seems pretty good for most stuff but gets a lot of stutter in open and certain areas.
                    Can't change resolution either, problem is, it always resets to 2500 something, which might explain the big performance hit.

Comment

Working...
                    X