Metro Redux Games Launch For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
    yeah but without any DX11 level features, right?
    Since Wine doesn't yet support DX11 features, that's correct. But the game still looks really good graphically on very high settings. This just means the Redux versions must look amazing?

I hear that people should play thru Metro 2033 before playing Last Light because the games story take place in that chronological order. I will do that.

Comment

Yesterday I ran LL Redux benchmark with minimal and medium settings (SSAO disabled) and in both cases I had 10-11 avg FPS. Anyway I didn't notice any graphical issues or other problems, so it looks like this game works fine with Catalyst 14.12.

Platform: Ubuntu 14.04 x64 + A10 7850K + 16GB (1GB for VRAM) 2133MHz (Dual Rank) + Catalyst 14.12.
      Last edited by nadro; 14 December 2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        With r600 it's worse - rather than black it renders what looks like TV static
        Same here with radeonsi, mesa 10.5 git (Radeon Hd 7870). It could be related to not having full OpenGL 4.0 in mesa. If you do not force mesa to report OpenGL 4.0 support (overide) the game refuses to start.

Comment

Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
          Same here with radeonsi, mesa 10.5 git (Radeon Hd 7870). It could be related to not having full OpenGL 4.0 in mesa. If you do not force mesa to report OpenGL 4.0 support (overide) the game refuses to start.
          I'd recommend to get an apitrace (would be interesting to see what is missing) and maybe open a bug (feature request) on mesa bugtracker.

Comment

Working...
          X