X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fankdogan
    replied
    Originally posted by Veske View Post
    The game is suddenly gone from Linux game list on Steam.
    I encountered a similar situation, it is not available

Leave a comment:

• Ardje
    replied
    Originally posted by Veske View Post
    Maybe because there wasn't a linux binary for a long time. I mean: I can install it and all, the only thing that's not there is the actually game engine :-).
    Metro redux suffered the same fate: it was marketed for linux from the start, but the binary was not available. At some point in time the "for linux" was removed. When the port was actually finished it was available again and now it works perfectly on linux.

I think Valve is not allowing selling for linux if there is no linux version available yet. (Pre-order is different of course).
    Linux users or not, some people can be so anal if the port is not finished yet. Actually some people are anal by nature.
    Patience is a virtue, especially in these days that people are screaming when they do not get a reply within 40 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Veske
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kurros
    replied
    Originally posted by zappa86 View Post
    I bought this game and installed it on my Windows partition - but never played it. I just deleted it and am installing it on my Linux partition. Do you know if my sale of the game is "attributed" to windows? I wish Valve could know that Linux is my preferred platform even if I happen to buy games in windows.
    Valve and 2K will see your Linux usage, don't worry about that. The more relevant issue is that whoever is doing the Linux port probably wont get credit for the sale. Aspyr has said that in their case, if the game is purchased with Steam on non-Linux platform (including web or mobile) and not run the majority of time in Linux within the first week, they don't get a cut of the sale. Whoever is doing this Bioshock port might have have a similar arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• Ardje
    replied
    Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
    Once Bioshock Infinite is released, 11 out of my 24 Steam games will work natively on Linux and 23 out of my 24 will work if I use my CrossOver or PlayOnLinux. The only hold out will be Just Cause 2 but even then I can use In-Home Streaming to access it. Can't wait to play Bioshock natively.
    Add a 0 to each figure for me. Still waiting for some native ports (D:OS, Dragon Commander, Metro redux).
    Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
    Personally, I'd also like to see native ports of Grand Theft Auto V and Far Cry 4 which for sure won't run in Wine anytime soon.
    I don't have windows, so I like to have as much titles working on wine. GTA IV seems to work, or at least stories of... Crysis works, warhead doesn't, I have Far Cry 2 working perfectly.
    Anything try not to buy anything that does not have an acceptable rating on winehq, but some titles I buy, just hoping it will work with wine one day.

Leave a comment:

• zappa86
    replied
    I bought this game and installed it on my Windows partition - but never played it. I just deleted it and am installing it on my Linux partition. Do you know if my sale of the game is "attributed" to windows? I wish Valve could know that Linux is my preferred platform even if I happen to buy games in windows.

Leave a comment:

• verde
    replied
    Wow thats AAAAA title!!

Leave a comment:

• Xaero_Vincent
    replied
    Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
    Yeah.
    By now 59 of my 87 Steam games have Linux ports. And I suspect half of the remaining 28 are from EA.

I don't have my gaming rig at home right now, but on Christmas I will and I'll probably do a few port review livestreams for the community I'm in (maybe even via Steam Broadcasting?).
    Does anyone have pointers to a more precise release schedule for the AMDGPU stack? Until then, I'll probably be stuck on a Cayman card.
    If it is to come out this year, I may order a Tonga during the holidays ... otherwise I'll wait for whatever high-end cards come out in H1 2015 before I spend money on cards using the new stack.
    Right now Steam Broadcasting in Windows-only but it will come to Linux later.

Once Bioshock Infinite is released, 11 out of my 24 Steam games will work natively on Linux and 23 out of my 24 will work if I use my CrossOver or PlayOnLinux. The only hold out will be Just Cause 2 but even then I can use In-Home Streaming to access it. Can't wait to play Bioshock natively.

Personally, I'd also like to see native ports of Grand Theft Auto V and Far Cry 4 which for sure won't run in Wine anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• CrystalGamma
    replied
    Originally posted by fakenmc View Post
    It's already available, I can see it in my Steam account on Ubuntu. Unbelievable.
    Yeah.
    By now 59 of my 87 Steam games have Linux ports. And I suspect half of the remaining 28 are from EA.

I don't have my gaming rig at home right now, but on Christmas I will and I'll probably do a few port review livestreams for the community I'm in (maybe even via Steam Broadcasting?).
    Does anyone have pointers to a more precise release schedule for the AMDGPU stack? Until then, I'll probably be stuck on a Cayman card.
    If it is to come out this year, I may order a Tonga during the holidays ... otherwise I'll wait for whatever high-end cards come out in H1 2015 before I spend money on cards using the new stack.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Originally posted by fakenmc View Post
    It's already available, I can see it in my Steam account on Ubuntu. Unbelievable.
    It might be listed but don't expect it to work yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X