2K Games Confirms BioShock Infinite On Linux In Early 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zappa86 View Post
    I bought this game and installed it on my Windows partition - but never played it. I just deleted it and am installing it on my Linux partition. Do you know if my sale of the game is "attributed" to windows? I wish Valve could know that Linux is my preferred platform even if I happen to buy games in windows.
    Valve and 2K will see your Linux usage, don't worry about that. The more relevant issue is that whoever is doing the Linux port probably wont get credit for the sale. Aspyr has said that in their case, if the game is purchased with Steam on non-Linux platform (including web or mobile) and not run the majority of time in Linux within the first week, they don't get a cut of the sale. Whoever is doing this Bioshock port might have have a similar arrangement.

Comment

The game is suddenly gone from Linux game list on Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
        Maybe because there wasn't a linux binary for a long time. I mean: I can install it and all, the only thing that's not there is the actually game engine :-).
        Metro redux suffered the same fate: it was marketed for linux from the start, but the binary was not available. At some point in time the "for linux" was removed. When the port was actually finished it was available again and now it works perfectly on linux.

I think Valve is not allowing selling for linux if there is no linux version available yet. (Pre-order is different of course).
        Linux users or not, some people can be so anal if the port is not finished yet. Actually some people are anal by nature.
        Patience is a virtue, especially in these days that people are screaming when they do not get a reply within 40 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
          I encountered a similar situation, it is not available

Comment

Working...
          X