X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyber Killer
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Insider info from my contact, let's call him Deep Throat: the new cross-platform client will be made with Unity. So technically it's not native anywhere.
    At this point I'm just saying "whatever, just make it work finally", it can be written in pascal or fortran for all I care, if it works properly it'll be ok. The Desura client app has a lot of catching up to do, and the faster they do it the better.

Leave a comment:

• FutureSuture
    replied
    Originally posted by sbolokanov View Post
    Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
    Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
    Desura has the most potential to become a Steam alternative, but somebody really needs to step in and lead.
    I would think that GOG with Galaxy has the most potential.
    I second this.
    I third this. I logged in just to say this as well. How anyone can think that Desura offers greater competition to Steam than GOG is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• sbolokanov
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
    I second this.

Leave a comment:

• Ferdinand
    replied
    The new owners have a lot of work ahead, especially in Linux. The Desura client (including the Desurium fork) is a mess of bugs and brokenness. And the games list is littered with junk -- a word I don't use lightly. I'm talking about stuff that would barely count as an alpha, bizarre experiments that don't even work, and jokes. Actually, some of the stuff on Desura makes me wonder if I'm downloading a trojan.

Desura has the most potential to become a Steam alternative, but somebody really needs to step in and lead.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    I've used Desura before, but now that GOG is on board with Linux support, I don't really see the need to any more.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Insider info from my contact, let's call him Deep Throat: the new cross-platform client will be made with Unity. So technically it's not native anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• faildozer
    replied
    The new owners have a lot of work ahead, especially in Linux. The Desura client (including the Desurium fork) is a mess of bugs and brokenness. And the games list is littered with junk -- a word I don't use lightly. I'm talking about stuff that would barely count as an alpha, bizarre experiments that don't even work, and jokes. Actually, some of the stuff on Desura makes me wonder if I'm downloading a trojan.

As someone who recently got a game released on Desura, I sadly have to agree. Itch.io is even better of a site, however, the large amount of games released every day makes it really really hard to get noticed on it compared to Desura.

Leave a comment:

• Luke_Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Calinou View Post
    Is there much hope in digital game distribution ?stores??
    Yes, you just have to run them right... see GOG and Steam

Leave a comment:

• Calinou
    replied

Is there much hope in digital game distribution ?stores??

Leave a comment:

• emblemparade
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X