Steam Linux Usage Is Almost Back Up To 1.2%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnc View Post
    I'm familiar with the account you're recalling but I don't think they ruled out a timed exclusive. They ruled out a game being completely exclusive to a platform though. I could be wrong though.

Otherwise another tool they'd have is providing a game at discount or for free when purchasing a Steam Box, on Steam OS, etc.

All of it is somewhat moot since there is hardly any rumored discussion about Valve working on games, and it's generally kind of hard to keep things like that under wraps in this industry.
    They revealed a new engine and once that's done expect the games.

When you walk, run, dance you need to place a foot in front of the other, else you will trip and fall down hard.

Valve knows when the time for something is right and they will act upon it

Comment

Mean while StatCounter says it's 1.41%, highest since May.

Comment

As for HL3, they could do it like early access for Linux, final release for every in the same day.

Comment

(-0.14) + 0.07 + 0.12 = 0.05 !=0?

Which OS lost 0.05%? Additionally, looking at the stats, the sum of the percentages for all OS's is (95.33) + (3.44) + (1.18) = 99.95 != 100. What is the final missing 0.05%? BSD?

Comment

Originally posted by markg85 View Post
            "Linux 3.10" likely arch based?
            Well.. Lets for a moment assume that 3.10 really is the kernel version of those used, then it's unlikely to be Arch Linux or Arch based since that distro is quite fast at updating kernel versions. The 3.10 kernel is from June 2013.. Arch linux right now is at 3.17 (roughly 1 month old, certainly nowhere near june 2013).
            No it's not the kernel version, without /etc/lsb-release Steam reads every kernel 3.10+ distro as "Linux 3.10".

And Arch for example has no /etc/lsb-release, if you don't install it. (community/lsb-release)
            Last edited by ObiWan; 01 November 2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Steam seems to also check /etc/os-release and uses the PRETTY_NAME to identify the system (at least this is what steam reports an my machine).

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa72 View Post
                (-0.14) + 0.07 + 0.12 = 0.05 !=0?

Which OS lost 0.05%? Additionally, looking at the stats, the sum of the percentages for all OS's is (95.33) + (3.44) + (1.18) = 99.95 != 100. What is the final missing 0.05%? BSD?
                just rounding errors...

Comment

Originally posted by ObiWan View Post
                  No it's not the kernel version, without /etc/lsb-release Steam reads every kernel 3.10+ distro as "Linux 3.10".

And Arch for example has no /etc/lsb-release, if you don't install it. (community/lsb-release)
                  I always thought that "Linux 3.10" is just SteamOS beta under it, because it use 3.10 kernel and some people even Windows people trying it, testing it blah blah

And i still think that is just SteamOS, but Valve do not want people to see so much low numbers for it even it is just beta but who knows
                  Last edited by dungeon; 01 November 2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                    Steam seems to also check /etc/os-release and uses the PRETTY_NAME to identify the system (at least this is what steam reports an my machine).
                    Never seen the PRETTY_NAME of os-release in Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                      I always thought that "Linux 3.10" is just SteamOS beta under it, because it use 3.10 kernel and some people even Windows people trying it, testing it blah blah

And i still think that is just SteamOS, but Valve do not want people to see so much low numbers for it even it is just beta but who knows
                      If I remember right, debian doesn't have a /etc/lsb-release too, at least on the default install.

And as SteamOS is debian based ...

Comment

Working...
                      X