Steam Linux Usage Is Almost Back Up To 1.2%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    Some linux-exclusive HL3 would help a lot... i know it won't happen though. Valve is not that serious about SteamOS... EA would do it without a blink.
    I doubt it, this would be seriously against their core philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
      If you think Distro watch is an accurate method for determining distro usage..... then you're an idiot.
      You're an idiot if you found what I typed to mean I think distrowatch hits = marketshare. Especially since I stated hits in my post.
      Nice troll attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
        I doubt it, this would be seriously against their core philosophy.
        Which core philosophy? The collecting money one, or the f...ing up users one? I guess this would be a 1-1 situation. They could probably propitiate angry users with some new, useless community features. Or a new SSA...

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          Which core philosophy? The collecting money one, or the f...ing up users one? I guess this would be a 1-1 situation. They could probably propitiate angry users with some new, useless community features. Or a new SSA...
          I don't remember the source, but someone actually asked this "would you make HL3 a time exclusive" to a Valve dev, and he responded that they strongly disagree with artificially limiting users platform choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
            I don't remember the source, but someone actually asked this "would you make HL3 a time exclusive" to a Valve dev, and he responded that they strongly disagree with artificially limiting users platform choices.
            I'm familiar with the account you're recalling but I don't think they ruled out a timed exclusive. They ruled out a game being completely exclusive to a platform though. I could be wrong though.

Otherwise another tool they'd have is providing a game at discount or for free when purchasing a Steam Box, on Steam OS, etc.

All of it is somewhat moot since there is hardly any rumored discussion about Valve working on games, and it's generally kind of hard to keep things like that under wraps in this industry.

Comment

"Linux 3.10" likely arch based?
              Well.. Lets for a moment assume that 3.10 really is the kernel version of those used, then it's unlikely to be Arch Linux or Arch based since that distro is quite fast at updating kernel versions. The 3.10 kernel is from June 2013.. Arch linux right now is at 3.17 (roughly 1 month old, certainly nowhere near june 2013).

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
                You're an idiot if you found what I typed to mean I think distrowatch hits = marketshare. Especially since I stated hits in my post.
                Nice troll attempt.

NO he's right.

Distrowatch is just stupid nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
                  NO he's right.

Distrowatch is just stupid nonsense.
                  Uh, no he's wrong. I never stated that DW was an accurate interpretation of marketshare.
                  I just used it as anecdotal evidence supporting my opinion on distro reporting.

Comment

I participated in the survey, too!

Comment

1) Valve already stated no-exclusives by us policy.
                      2) Steam surveys differential numbers (those +/- % numbers) do not add up, and nobody know why for sure. (Maybe those stats are NOT montly but eg weekly, and we see only every 4th? Or maybe changes correspond to differend interval then survery itself)
                      3) Steam STILL underreport Mesa OpenGL support. As it fetch Core Profile numbers. Sad. If somebody right now want to know what OpenGL code can be written they will get wrong impression.

Otherwise. Yeah. Linux rulez

@Michael no link to recent Nvidia benchmark? I'm supprised.

Comment

Working...
                      X