Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stronghold 3 Now Available For Steam On Linux

Phoronix: Stronghold 3 Now Available For Steam On Linux

A new (well, actually old for Windows gamers, it was released there in 2011) is now available for Steam on Linux gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The word "chainsaw" is missing from the first sentence. People might think it's about a game.

Comment

Well looks like an alternative to 0AD (which I always wanted a stronghold mode)

Depending on the features you need, you may or may not like SH3.

Hopefully now that we got a port, they might port one of the best ones SH2 and the new one which is getting good reviews

STRONGHOLD CRUSADERS II:

Comment

Nice Stronghold 3 for Linux, but don`t launch on my system
        open driver (AMD/Intel HD4400+M4100) Xubuntu 14.04.1.

Comment

Steam using Webm

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but it seems steam has finally moved away from using flash. Noticed that the video for this game started playing on my phone in Firefox. About time :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
            Not sure if anyone else has noticed but it seems steam has finally moved away from using flash. Noticed that the video for this game started playing on my phone in Firefox. About time :-)
            yea is good. there site is much more mobile friendly.

Wish the humble bundle website were more mobile friendly too...

Comment

Originally posted by polo View Post
              Nice Stronghold 3 for Linux, but don`t launch on my system
              open driver (AMD/Intel HD4400+M4100) Xubuntu 14.04.1.
              Not a big surprise.

What else do you want from EON-wrapped Windows executable?

Comment

I could be convinced to look into it. Only if there was non-steam version... otherwise it just defeats the purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                  Hopefully now that we got a port, they might port one of the best ones SH2 and the new one which is getting good reviews

STRONGHOLD CRUSADERS II
                  I can confirm that GOG.com's versions of Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD work flawlessly with PlayOnLinux... so no need to wait for a native port. Get playing

Comment

Working...
                  X