Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stronghold 3 Now Available For Steam On Linux

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stronghold 3 Now Available For Steam On Linux

    Phoronix: Stronghold 3 Now Available For Steam On Linux

    A new (well, actually old for Windows gamers, it was released there in 2011) is now available for Steam on Linux gamers...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTgwNDY

  • #2
    The word "chainsaw" is missing from the first sentence. People might think it's about a game.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well looks like an alternative to 0AD (which I always wanted a stronghold mode)


      Depending on the features you need, you may or may not like SH3.

      Hopefully now that we got a port, they might port one of the best ones SH2 and the new one which is getting good reviews

      STRONGHOLD CRUSADERS II:

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice Stronghold 3 for Linux, but don`t launch on my system
        open driver (AMD/Intel HD4400+M4100) Xubuntu 14.04.1.

        Comment


        • #5
          Steam using Webm

          Not sure if anyone else has noticed but it seems steam has finally moved away from using flash. Noticed that the video for this game started playing on my phone in Firefox. About time :-)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tarceri View Post
            Not sure if anyone else has noticed but it seems steam has finally moved away from using flash. Noticed that the video for this game started playing on my phone in Firefox. About time :-)
            yea is good. there site is much more mobile friendly.

            Wish the humble bundle website were more mobile friendly too...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by polo View Post
              Nice Stronghold 3 for Linux, but don`t launch on my system
              open driver (AMD/Intel HD4400+M4100) Xubuntu 14.04.1.
              Not a big surprise.

              What else do you want from EON-wrapped Windows executable?

              Comment


              • #8
                I could be convinced to look into it. Only if there was non-steam version... otherwise it just defeats the purpose.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by madjr View Post
                  Hopefully now that we got a port, they might port one of the best ones SH2 and the new one which is getting good reviews

                  STRONGHOLD CRUSADERS II
                  I can confirm that GOG.com's versions of Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD work flawlessly with PlayOnLinux... so no need to wait for a native port. Get playing

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X