Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ioquake3 Works On Finally Switching Over To SDL2

Phoronix: Ioquake3 Works On Finally Switching Over To SDL2

The ioquake3 open-source game engine derived from the id Tech 3 code-base is working to finally switch over to using SDL2 and ditching the old SDL 1.2 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think it's certainly good to start initial work on switching to SDL2, but there are still plenty of distros out there in the wild that have SDL 1.2, so dropping support for that is premature.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post
      I think it's certainly good to start initial work on switching to SDL2, but there are still plenty of distros out there in the wild that have SDL 1.2, so dropping support for that is premature.
      SDL1 and SDL2 can be run alongside. So there are no excuses for not having a SDL2 package.

Comment

Wayland support

What this essentially means is Wayland support.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          What this essentially means is Wayland support.
          AFAIK Wayland folks haven't implemented relative mouse input mode, so you won't be able to play FPS on it for a while. This can't be emulated because Wayland has no mouse warping.

Comment

SDL2.0 has a number of regressions over SDL1.2 . For example it is no longer possible to catch Print Screen key presses (e.g. to take screenshots), and the key-repeat functionality only covers alpha-numeric keys, not other keys. These are really odd limitations, and I haven't been able to find any solutions, or even comments about these issues...

Comment

There's a TMNT mod!? Who posts a picture of a mod and doesn't mention or link it!
              Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Remdul View Post
                SDL2.0 has a number of regressions over SDL1.2 . For example it is no longer possible to catch Print Screen key presses (e.g. to take screenshots), and the key-repeat functionality only covers alpha-numeric keys, not other keys. These are really odd limitations, and I haven't been able to find any solutions, or even comments about these issues...
                Limiting the print screen button actually makes sense if you think about it. Hit the button right now and describe to me what happens in complete detail.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                  Limiting the print screen button actually makes sense if you think about it. Hit the button right now and describe to me what happens in complete detail.
                  The OPTION though, would be nice.

There is the option isn't there?
                  Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                    The OPTION though, would be nice.

There is the option isn't there?
                    What did I tell you? DESCRIBE TO ME WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HIT THE PRTSC BUTTON!

Comment

Working...
                    X