Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealNC
    replied
    I still prefer Windows. Linux has a very long way to go to be ready for gaming. I actually believe that it will never get there, due to the drivers (even NVidia's drivers are piss-poor compared to their Windows control panel) and extreme hostility to gaming from many KDE and Gnome devs, who seem to be actively sabotaging gaming on Linux.
    Last edited by RealNC; 13 August 2014, 09:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vash63
    replied
    Originally posted by Ansla View Post
    So you like the Witcher 2 port better because it doesn't have a DirectX 11 renderer and it looks as shitty on Windows as it does on Linux? I don't see the merit here.
    Game looks better to me on Linux than Metro did.

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    hardware?
    driver?
    Core i3 550, GTX 660, nvidia 340.24.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Originally posted by stqn View Post
    For me today?s update made the game slower than the previous beta.
    hardware?
    driver?

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    For me today?s update made the game slower than the previous beta.

Leave a comment:

• Ansla
    replied
    So you like the Witcher 2 port better because it doesn't have a DirectX 11 renderer and it looks as shitty on Windows as it does on Linux? I don't see the merit here.

Leave a comment:

• Vash63
    replied
    Originally posted by zanny View Post
    Or they may realize trying to emulate a modern engine through some proprietary wrapper is not gaming grade.

Next time, just do the native port. Civ 5 and Metro got native ports that worked great from day one.
    I'm not sure I'd call Metro better than this. Sure, the framerate is better and it's 'native', but it's also complete crap compared to the Windows one. Uses the dated GL3.2 engine from the Mac release that has almost every major graphical feature from the DX11 Windows version cut.

At least Witcher 2 looks graphically identical to the Windows one. I'd rather slightly slower framerate than worse graphics personally, although I do own a GTX 780 ti so FPS isn't usually much of an issue.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by by.peroux View Post
    Do you think the eon version is matching wine's ?
    It surpasses wine by a bit on my machine.

Also, I had to disable/reenable public test branch in steam client, else the update wouldn't download.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    The game is slowly playable at 1680x1080 in a window with fglrx and a HD 5670. A GTX 650 ti is faster on my other box oft course, but what i really hate is how often the game crashes. Somewhere i read it would be better with fewer savegames but for this gametype it is not really logical to delete all because there are points in the story where you can decide differently. Also as the game crashes so often you have to save very offen... I am still at the 2nd act...

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    catalyst or radeonSI diver and which version?
    Catalyst, latest 14.6 beta.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X