Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will UT3 For Linux Be Released This Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by l_bratch View Post
    It does _run_ in Wine (with the R32F patch), however even then the framerate flucutates from very low to 0, as well as having nasty mouse warping issues.
    The mouse wrapping issue is an old one.
    You need this [1] patch.
    (I've yet to test UT3 under wine [I refuse to buy it until it gets a native client] - but other UT-games-under-wine [RO] experience the same problem)

- Gilboa
    [1] http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=7774
    oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
    oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
    oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
    Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

• You're right - that tool was just a frontend for the built in benchmark.

Here's the output of a benchmark in wine-0.9.56, running with the default settings for the tool, with an unpatched UT3 install:

Interesting stuff from log:

1490 frames collected over 59.87 seconds, disregarding 0.03 seconds for a 24.90 FPS average, 27.45 percent of time spent > 30 FPS
      So it doesn't run too badly, but what the stats don't show is the minimum framerate, which hit around 0 fps.

Comment

• Originally posted by gilboa View Post
        The mouse wrapping issue is an old one.
        You need this [1] patch.
        I am indeed running with that patch, however that still gives two issues:

a) The mouse in the menu doesn't move
        b) In game the cursor no longer escapes, however it does vary in speed greatly which makes turning accurately very difficult

Comment

• Great, I bought UT3 exactly 100 days ago -- how much longer do we have to wait?

Comment

• Can't someone with more reputation than a simple forum user ask Ryan about the status of this project... like someone from the personnel of phoronix. Although I am pretty sure they have tried it already

Comment

• Originally posted by sque View Post
              Can't someone with more reputation than a simple forum user ask Ryan about the status of this project... like someone from the personnel of phoronix. Although I am pretty sure they have tried it already
              Considering that Ryan knows at least OF me, and I've asked him to give me something off or on record on the subject- to no response...

You'd think he'd give a fellow Linux game developer the time of day. But, nooooo.....

Either he's waaay out of pocket on something or he's bound by NDA on this one, I'm afraid.

Comment

• Ryan's probably as pissed as most of us. Or at least, I know I would be..

Comment

• Originally posted by Pseus View Post
                  Ryan's probably as pissed as most of us. Or at least, I know I would be..
                  ... I doubt it.
                  He's most likely bound by NDA/contracts that forces him to keep his mouth shut.

- Gilboa
                  oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                  oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                  oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                  Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

• Do you think you can get a refund - I bought it about 2 months ago believing that a linux client was to be released soon.

I think the lesson here is :- Only run OS games ....... Nexuiz, paintball2, tremulous, etc

I am never going to buy another game.

Comment

• Could It Be UT????

From this morning:

I need bilingual people to help translate MojoSetup, so it's nicely localized for some upcoming titles that are shipping really soon.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X