Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will UT3 For Linux Be Released This Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    For me, the same rules apply for demos as for full versions.

No Native Client. Not going to bother.
    Don't deny yourself of great games, Svartalf! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
      Don't deny yourself of great games, Svartalf! lol.
      Riight. This would be under "eating one's own dogfood"- I port games to Linux as one of my side businesses.

Running it under WINE of any kind just strikes me as counterproductive- period.

Comment

Riight. This would be under "eating one's own dogfood"- I port games to Linux as one of my side businesses.

Running it under WINE of any kind just strikes me as counterproductive- period.
        I was only kidding! But yeah, I agree emulation is not really an answer anywhere at all.

Comment

/+1.

- Gilboa
          oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
          oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
          oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
          Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

+1

I won't buy/use any games anymore, that don't allow me to natively use it under the OS I use. And I don't use Windows.

But I tend to buy games just because they have a Linux point release / binary (eg doom3) to support the effort the company made as long as the price is okay and there is at least some interest of me for playing the game.

Back to UT3:

To be honest, I don't think that there will be a Linux binary before the game is available as low budget. Maybe there will never be a Linux binary. And regarding the question "Will UT3 For Linux Be Released This Year?": I don't think it will be available this year (this.year=2008).

Comment

Any news about the UT3 linux client? Patch 1.2 released for Windows already.

Comment

The news for the server's out on his site. Dunno what the word is on the client. I do know that there's interesting tidbits on his CV page to go look at, though...not relevant to what we're discussing, but other works that're interesting to know all the same...

Comment

The news for the server's out on his site. Dunno what the word is on the client. I do know that there's interesting tidbits on his CV page to go look at, though...not relevant to what we're discussing, but other works that're interesting to know all the same...
                  What do you mean by his CV page there Svartalf?

I'll be damned to be on a trip right now and I won't be able to follow this further, not until the 26th. At any rate, I really hope he'll be able to at least comment on some thing about UT3

Comment

Safe journeys, friend.

As for what I'm getting at...look at what he's claiming for being "under contract for a client version for Linux" on...

There's a few o' them that aren't general knowledge right at the moment... >:-)

Comment

Safe journeys, friend.

As for what I'm getting at...look at what he's claiming for being "under contract for a client version for Linux" on...

There's a few o' them that aren't general knowledge right at the moment... >:-)
                      Of course... under contract don't mean it'll be released... sorry, just had to say it.

Comment

Working...
                      X