Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will UT3 For Linux Be Released This Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Heh... The only thing I've to offer in response is that if that IS what happened, then MS is in a bit of trouble. That's most likely a breach of anti-trust and it's going to cost them reputation down the line ("This bunch doesn't keep their damn word...")

I would hope that Gates and Co. were a tad bit smarter than this one.

I wouldn't say that, it would be a very hard case to prove. "You want to use the unreal engine, go ahead, here is our licensing fee for the engine, if you don't want to pay us the fee, go ahead and develop on another engine."

Comment

• The whole state of affairs is such a farce.

I adore the original UT, though I didn't like 2003/4 as much. I'm perfectly willing to buy UT3 and give it a chance though... as soon as it works in Linux.

In the meantime, the original UT seems to have had a bit of a revival recently, with new video renderers and ultra high resolution textures, and the game now running even better in Wine than Linux native, my enthusiasm for UT3 is diminishing.

Comment

• I'll add my conspiracy theory even though I'm not really into that sort of thing. I think there is gonna be a little cat fight between EA and Microsoft to see who can acquire Epic Games first. As we know Microsoft has to have some interest in acquiring them. EA has to also have some interest because they're interested in pretty much all game development companies that prove to be any competition.

Although I think EA is more of a Hoover vacuum cleaner in the game development business than Microsoft but either way, this is a bad thing. Its like Tim Sweeney just threw his hands in the air and said, I give up. I don't know what happened to him, maybe Microsoft took the real Tim Sweeney and replaced him with a evil clone. Hahaha.

Comment

• Digg it!

Comment

• Good idea, the digg will surely increase interest in this. btw, can someone show me how to digg? :P Im sort of new to all these digg, del.i.ci.ous. etc stuff.

Comment

• #222:
              my computer is incompatible to winblows.. dont ask me why, it just doesent work..

I want to play UT3 more than use my OS of choice.. im willing to for example install freebsd, openbsd, menuetos.. Winblows is not a choice...

#223:
              perhaps one should start a more organized effort to simply flood the forum with these posts, untill they are answered.. Im just happy i didnt bought the game, cause if i did, i'd have gone completely abeshit on them if they didnt either give me my money back (plus interrest), or given me a client..

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeeman View Post
                #223:
                perhaps one should start a more organized effort to simply flood the forum with these posts, untill they are answered.
                Bad idea.

- Gilboa
                oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

• Originally posted by gilboa View Post
                  Bad idea.

- Gilboa
                  Indeed. We don't want to repeat the pissing match we had with Blizzard ages back when there was a rumor of Starcraft or Warcraft III showing up on Linux.

Simply put, you will NOT endear yourselves to the company- either they've went back on their word or they're not in a current position to resolve the problem. In either case, badgering them will only piss them off- and you'll accomplish nothing for getting it in either case.

Comment

• http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610471 not deleted yet...
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Heh... I'll bet you get met with deafening silence, Michael...

As it stands, I'd suspect they're going to avoid deleting your posting if they've taken to deleting inquiries about the Linux version- your ID sort of identifies it as you. If they deleted your post, there'd be an immediate, and not so pretty result if they've gone and done what some have been alluding to of late.

Comment

Working...
                      X