Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Variety Of Unreal Engine 4 Linux Demos Are Now Available

Phoronix: A Variety Of Unreal Engine 4 Linux Demos Are Now Available

Linux developers and fans of Unreal Engine 4 have started offering compiled builds of several UE4 tech demos and some simple games for 64-bit Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ripe for some PTS support?

Comment

Well, I get some rendering issues on R600 with the Effects Cave Demo :

The console gets flooded with :

Code:
      EE r600_shader.c:157 r600_pipe_shader_create - translation from TGSI failed !
      EE r600_state_common.c:750 r600_shader_select - Failed to build shader variant (type=1) -1

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

Code:
        EE r600_state_common.c:750 r600_shader_select - Failed to build shader variant (type=1) -1
        Same here (exact same output) with the SciFi Hallway demo on my radeon 6870 with r600 driver. Interestingly, the window title says GLSL 1.50 which is a OpenGL 3.2 requirement which again should be fully supported. Dunno why it does not work.

Comment

Code:
          The R600 is an ancient, unsupported, abandoned, legacy GPU. I'm sure the engine is not written for it. It's 7 years old!

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            The R600 is an ancient, unsupported, abandoned, legacy GPU. I'm sure the engine is not written for it. It's 7 years old!
            What are you talking about?
            This is error of R600g driver, he might be have AMD HD69XX or something.

Comment

Well, I get some rendering issues on R600 with the Effects Cave Demo
              I suppose at moment you have no chance to see it work properly with open source drivers because it's don't even work on Intel and one of guys on reddit said there is some problem with shader converted so it's trying to use GLSL 4.0 features while game using 3.2 context. This looks like works on blobs, but not with Mesa.

Comment

Anyone complained about there not being 32-bit version of the demos yet?

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
                What are you talking about?
                This is error of R600g driver, he might be have AMD HD69XX or something.
                Just a nitpick. The 69xx series uses RadeonSI. HD 68xx are the fastest R600g cards.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                  Just a nitpick. The 69xx series uses RadeonSI.
                  As someone who use HD 6950 I would be a lot happier if those were using RadeonSI.
                  *look at GPU lockups nobody care about...*

HD 68xx are the fastest R600g cards.
                  Though this is true, CAYMAN performance is pretty bad.

Comment

Anyone complained about there not being 32-bit version of the demos yet?

Just a nitpick. The 69xx series uses RadeonSI. HD 68xx are the fastest R600g cards.
                    AMD Radeon 7000+ GCN1.X cards uses RadeonSi, everything below uses R600g or R300g

Comment

Working...
                    X