Warsow 1.51 Brings GLSL, Multi-Threaded Sound, Engine Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warsow 1.51 Brings GLSL, Multi-Threaded Sound, Engine Improvements

Phoronix: Warsow 1.51 Brings GLSL, Multi-Threaded Sound, Engine Improvements

I just noticed Warsow 1.51 was released earlier this month and this open-source first person shooter has some decent changes for being a release coming not too long after the introduction of Warsow 1.5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm not sure if the video is intended to promote Warsow 1.5.1 but it's not a good one IMHO. Auto-aim + spawn with a one hit = one kill weapon? Come on...

Comment

The video in this article is centred on a 'cheat' or 'trainer' for Warsow 1.5 named WarsowBot.

I'm not familiar with the Warsow crowd but it's likely this video will get mixed responses. I think the biggest concern is that the video links/promotes to the cheat creator's website rather than the intended warsow one.

Comment

Who is the "professional editor" who posted cheat video here? Moronix.

Comment

Cool game

Warsow is a pretty cool game with a unique gameplay for a FPS game.

Its really cool to watch the pros play it. I am a noob at it, and it takes time to learn it.
          How to use the unique game mechanics to your advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
            I'm not sure if the video is intended to promote Warsow 1.5.1 but it's not a good one IMHO. Auto-aim + spawn with a one hit = one kill weapon? Come on...
            Yeah to whoever was playing that.... not cool man... not cool. It misses the whole point if you get auto-aim on instagib matches.

Comment

I can't play this video in my country
              Some problem with music publishers, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                Yeah to whoever was playing that.... not cool man... not cool. It misses the whole point if you get auto-aim on instagib matches.
                Just picked out one of the first Warsow 1.5 videos I saw on YouTube after seeing none for 1.5.1 but not having enough bandwidth to play YouTube videos out here in Kabardino-Balkaria...
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                  I can't play this video in my country
                  Some problem with music publishers, apparently.
                  Don't worry, you are not missing out on content (both video and audio).

Comment

Still having troubles compiling on Jetson TK1 (ARM)

I've been trying on-and-off to get Warsow 1.5.0 to compile on the Jetson TK1. Apparently AngelScript has some in-line ARM assembler that has if-then ("IT") blocks that are not being handled well - "thumb conditional instruction should be in IT block". Anyone else see this on ARM? Anyone know how to fix it? Or maybe 1.5.1 fixes this?

Alternately, can one compile Warsow without AngelScript?

And, yes, I'm sorry - this post is all about me :\

Comment

Working...
                    X