XCOM: Enemy Unkown Released For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
    Sure as hell doesn't play like that for me (HD7750 through RadeonSI in Debian (experimental)). On lowest possible settings, in a small window, i get maybe 2 FPS. Unplayable.

Comment

Originally posted by Micket View Post
      Sure as hell doesn't play like that for me (HD7750 through RadeonSI in Debian (experimental)). On lowest possible settings, in a small window, i get maybe 2 FPS. Unplayable.
      That's software rendering. You don't have the driver installed properly.

Comment

No it wasn't, most other games worked fine, glxinfo (and i know to not only check "direct rendering") and radeontop all indicated it was running correctly.
        A restart seems to have fixed the performance issue though, so now I only got rendering errors and crashes (that kill my entire computer). A small success i guess? :/

Comment

Bought it, tried it. Port itself runs fine. I am impressed how my louse rig handles the Unreal Engine used ...

However since I played the original XCOM, I cannot make myself like this incarnation. Have to force myself to play it a few times and see how it works out. If I bought it for full retail price, I'd be angry now ...

Comment

OpenSUSE 13.1 + fglrx, Athlon 4200+ 4GB ram RadeonHD7770
            Runs mostly fine, though slower than on windows (I could run max settings on winxp, on suse it's better left at medium). Occasionally crashes, some artifacts here and there, or missing objects (I had an invisible alien for a few turns in one of the missions), my biggest disappointment is with cutscenes - they run slowly, usually out of sync with audio (I even got a few times just the audio on a black screen and the video a minute later). The game also looks really bad when using a different resolution than the desktop one - it doesn't run fullscreen with screenmode change but runs in a maximized window without borders and does some kind of software scaling for a lower than desktop resolution.

All in all it's not perfect, but it's bearable. I hope they'll patch those bugs I mentioned.

Comment

fedora 20 + mesa r600 on 6950. xcom: eu crashes after intro mission, xcom: ew crashes instantly.
              did anyone try fedora + catalyst or ubuntu + mesa ?

Comment

Been having a great time playing this game for the last few weeks.

AMD FX-4170, 8Gb DDR3-1600, nVidia GTX560Ti 1Gb, Ubuntu 14.04 amd64, nVidia driver 331.38.

The framerate isn't always perfect, but most of the time it's smooth (1920x1200, default Unity desktop). Only the occasional bug noticed, but loading a saved game usually gets around that (e.g. soldiers start standing in the air, noticed that only twice out of 50+ missions).

Comment

Working...
                X