Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XCOM: Enemy Unkown Released For Linux

Phoronix: XCOM: Enemy Unkown Released For Linux

Many Linux gamers have written in today with excitement that XCOM: Enemy Unknown is now available via Steam on Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcyNDU

Arena there anyone able to check if it's a proper port without crappy middleware such as eON or similar? What about performance?

Comment

i think the port is quite ok, have played the tutorial mission again to see the quality. i think the performance is also nice but propably a bit below windows.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
        Arena there anyone able to check if it's a proper port without crappy middleware such as eON or similar? What about performance?
        It's a native 64-Bit Port.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/200510...30535890616807

Comment

Glad to hear it was finally ported. Would have been a nice game to play if not for the DRM.

On the other hand, I'm now at the late game in my Ironman UFO: Alien Invasion game, and it's going surprisingly well so far.

Comment

and on sale NOW yay

Comment

performance is pretty good considering that these ports are sometimes pretty questionable (and often have inflated system requirements) -- I'm getting 20+ FPS (which is fine for a turn-based game) on 1024x768 windowed and mostly low settings on 2500k graphics with a slight overclock on Oibaf mesa.

Comment

another solid triple A game on linux. graphics quality is good, peformance is no issue. loading times are few seconds(unlike some other unreal engine games, looking at you painkiller)

Comment

Comment

So this is yet another UE3 game ported to Linux? How many are we up to now?

Edit:

Also is this the second Mac porting house and publisher to enter the Linux fray in connection with 2K and Firaxis?
                    Last edited by Kristian Joensen; 21 June 2014, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X