Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization V Is Now Available For Linux, SteamOS

Phoronix: Civilization V Is Now Available For Linux, SteamOS

The latest AAA game shipping for Linux is... Civilization V!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

no standalone?

Comment

Originally posted by pheldens View Post
      no standalone?
      What standalone ? There is no Civ 5 standalone, the 2 expansion require the base game. There is a complete edition with all the DLC available anyway.

Comment

Finally!

Suddenly I care about gaming on Linux!

This is excellent news!

Comment

Any info on the quality of the port?

Comment

Originally posted by Figueiredo View Post
            So far I see only problems with DLC (not available in the game even if purchased) and multi-monitor problems same as with Wargame. Works better on fglrx than on Catalyst in D3D11 mode and works great on Mesa.

Comment

well i guess i ran into the first bug, i can just play the "vanilla" version without any addons or dlcs. maybe if someone has a solution for that i would appreciate that (already filed a bug) but except that i played a few turns with japan on a medium sized map. and im quite happy. the performance could be a bit better i guess but everything seems fine. what definitively is working better than on windows is that i now can easily tab out, this alone makes the port superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Figueiredo View Post
                Looks like native one. As far as I see running fine on Intel HD4600.

Comment

Installing now. I don't own any of the DLC, so issues with that won't be immediately noticable here. Hopefully the Mac/Linux/Windows version numbers are synced so that cross-platform multiplayer works correctly (there's been issues with the Firaxis/Aspyr versions for Win/Mac in the past).

Comment

Great!
                    And I'm waiting for Android port. I think that Civilization V will be playable on Android tablets.
                    SDL/OGL FTW!

Comment

Working...
                    X