Civilization V Is Now Available For Linux, SteamOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know what to choose?

The Complete edition is pretty good value at just $16.49...

Includes 16 items: Sid Meier's Civilization? V, Sid Meier?s Civilization? V: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II), Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean, Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Asia, Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Americas, Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia, Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca, Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia, Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings, Civilization V: Explorer?s Map Pack, Civilization V - Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea, Civilization V - Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack, Sid Meier's Civilization V - Gods and Kings, Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World, Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack, Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack
    Price of individual games: $37.23 USD (already includes the discounts!)

Bundle cost: $16.49 USD

Comment

Originally posted by misGnomer View Post
      The Complete edition is pretty good value at just $16.49...

Price of individual games: $37.23 USD (already includes the discounts!)

Bundle cost: $16.49 USD
      I got that bundle just to show my support since I'm not really a fan of turn based games and after playing for like 30 minutes I didn't noticed any issues on my Arch system with Radeon HD 6670 (running with opensource drivers) and AMD FX 8320 cpu. The only thing I noticed was slow start-up time.

Comment

I guess my IIRC was wrong (though I swear the nvidia page says 2.1... whatever)

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
        I got that bundle just to show my support since I'm not really a fan of turn based games and after playing for like 30 minutes I didn't noticed any issues on my Arch system with Radeon HD 6670 (running with opensource drivers) and AMD FX 8320 cpu. The only thing I noticed was slow start-up time.
        It's extremely slow to start on Windows as well, so that's not a Linux-specific bug. But let's be honest here, if you're starting up Civ5, you proooobably weren't planning on doing anything else for the next 5+ hours anyway

Comment

WW2 scenario?

Civilization 2 had a great second world war scenario game. I can't seem to find anything familiar among DLC's in civ V, am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
            Civilization 2 had a great second world war scenario game. I can't seem to find anything familiar among DLC's in civ V, am I missing something?
            As far as official DLCs go, nothing I know of, but there is this:

Comment

Originally posted by tga.d View Post
              As far as official DLCs go, nothing I know of, but there is this:
              http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...94&searchtext=
              Yes thats what I was missing: third party content. Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

Comment

I bought and tested Brave New Wolrd yesterday.
                It works great with the free drivers ! I'm using the r600g on a Evergreen (HD5850) with pretty all gfx to max and it runs smoothly. The exception is the character cinematics which are really slow (I have to checked which settings is implied). I'm on 1680*1050 resolution and I didn't see any AA setting.

PS : this is with the current upstream Mesa version (10.3-devel).

Comment

The game is great but the one unit in one tile rule sux. It should be three units maximum in one tile.

Comment

I bought the complete bundle for about 13€

It works pretty nice with open source r600 drivers. But startup is quite slow and the startup screen gets frozen and corrupted. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04

Comment

Originally posted by newwen View Post
                      I bought the complete bundle for about 13?

It works pretty nice with open source r600 drivers. But startup is quite slow and the startup screen gets frozen and corrupted. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04
                      Yes, the startup is extremely slow (also it started in 1024x768 on first launch, I hadn't seen a 4x3 games in a long time). The slow startup is the same with Paradox games (and I don't mean Paradox' usual slowness in starting up, I mean 10 minutes to launch CK2). I wonder what kind of things the games are doing on Linux at startup.

Comment

Working...
                      X