Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
    I posted it above, here is link to my topic with video:
    Disclaimer. Q: Why? A: Just for fun! Why no? After all I just like to run everything with software rendering. :) Requirements... New Mesa and LLVMPipe required, e.g I using Kubuntu 14.04 with Oibaf PPA. My "LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 glxinfo" output: OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc. OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.4, 256 bits) OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.3.0-devel OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30 If your LLVMPipe...

But let's say fair I doubt that Core2Duo will able to handle even strategy view, but worth to try anyway.
    I tried using that launch option, and it still failed.

Without the special option:
    Code:
    Game update: AppID 8930 "Sid Meier's Civilization V", ProcID 10372, IP 0.0.0.0:0
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/nathan/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/nathan/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.

(steam:10235): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

(steam:10235): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 8930
    Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198052174483 [API loaded no]
    Game removed: AppID 8930 "Sid Meier's Civilization V", ProcID 10373 

And with:
    Code:
    Game update: AppID 8930 "Sid Meier's Civilization V", ProcID 10387, IP 0.0.0.0:0
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/nathan/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/nathan/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.

libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/xorg/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/home/nathan/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.7.0' not found (required by /usr/lib32/xorg/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so))
    libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 8930
    Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198052174483 [API loaded no]
    Game removed: AppID 8930 "Sid Meier's Civilization V", ProcID 10388 

(I just took that from the output when opening Steam from the cli. I probably got some Steam Client output in there as well)

And like I said, my laptop handles the game in strategy mode surprisingly well on Windows (the only lag, and even then it's small, is when the AI is taking it's turn), so it should actually handle it better on Linux >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
      And like I said, my laptop handles the game in strategy mode surprisingly well on Windows (the only lag, and even then it's small, is when the AI is taking it's turn), so it should actually handle it better on Linux >.<
      I suspect you are getting some D3D acceleration on windows though, and this option on linux tries to software render everything, so it's likely going to be slower.

Here's the error from your logs, though:
      libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib32/xorg/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/home/nathan/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.7.0' not found (required by /usr/lib32/xorg/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so))
      libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
      libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
      Looks pretty familiar. I think if you replace that libgcc_s.so.1 in the steam-runtime with a version from your OS it will fix things.

Comment

I tried using that launch option, and it still failed.

(I just took that from the output when opening Steam from the cli. I probably got some Steam Client output in there as well)

I'm running arch and most steam errors not launching games is because of the shipped steam runtime. Some libraries shipped by the steam runtime are old to work on your distro, from your error messages you can see:

It seems you have a newer gcc version installed on your system but the shipped libgcc_s.so.1 requires version 4.7, to fix this issue you could rename libgcc_s.so.1 to disable-libgcc_s.so.1 which is stored on home/nathan/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ and then try relaunching steam. If everything works fine you could just delete the disable-libgcc_s.so.1 file.

Comment

Recently (mesa 10.2+) some of these shipped libraries (like libgcc_s.so.1) can even crash xserver (so bug is not only about steam usage) .

So people better be sure remove/not to used it .

Comment

Just remove libgcc_s.so.1 and it's will work.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
              I'm running arch and most steam errors not launching games is because of the shipped steam runtime. Some libraries shipped by the steam runtime are old to work on your distro, from your error messages you can see:

It seems you have a newer gcc version installed on your system but the shipped libgcc_s.so.1 requires version 4.7, to fix this issue you could rename libgcc_s.so.1 to disable-libgcc_s.so.1 which is stored on home/nathan/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ and then try relaunching steam. If everything works fine you could just delete the disable-libgcc_s.so.1 file.
              I'm running Manjaro (Unstable, so almost exactly the Arch Stable repo), but I don't play Steam much so this hasn't really affected me before...

Your suggestion worked! Though, I also had to rename libstdc++.so.6 (or something like that). Now it runs! And I can continue that game I was forced to start on Windows

EDIT: Holy crap, The font rendering on the menus basically does NOT exist. The text is just random box-like structures, that don't resemble text in the slightest. This is going to make getting to my games hard... and I hope to god it's not like that in-game Q__Q
              Last edited by Daktyl198; 11 June 2014, 01:58 AM.

Comment

This is great news. Game works flawless for me on my A10-6800K without a dedicated GPU. Seems a lot faster than my aging MacMini could run it.

Comment

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
                  Just remove libgcc_s.so.1 and it's will work.
                  It depends.
                  That may or may not work. When Steam launches, it can do a self check and if it sees that his libs are gone, it re-download them.

The cleaner way to do is to launch Steam that way :
                  Code:
                  STEAM_RUNTIME=0 steam

Comment

I assume it is a port from the "DX9 tech level" like the OS X version?

Comment

Originally posted by -MacNuke- View Post
                      I assume it is a port from the "DX9 tech level" like the OS X version?
                      The GL backend is same.

Comment

Working...
                      X