Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization V Is Now Available For Linux, SteamOS

Phoronix: Civilization V Is Now Available For Linux, SteamOS

The latest AAA game shipping for Linux is... Civilization V!..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcxNjU

no standalone?

Comment

Originally posted by pheldens View Post
      no standalone?
      What standalone ? There is no Civ 5 standalone, the 2 expansion require the base game. There is a complete edition with all the DLC available anyway.

Comment

Finally!

Suddenly I care about gaming on Linux!

This is excellent news!

Comment

Any info on the quality of the port?

Comment

Originally posted by Figueiredo View Post
            So far I see only problems with DLC (not available in the game even if purchased) and multi-monitor problems same as with Wargame. Works better on fglrx than on Catalyst in D3D11 mode and works great on Mesa.

Comment

well i guess i ran into the first bug, i can just play the "vanilla" version without any addons or dlcs. maybe if someone has a solution for that i would appreciate that (already filed a bug) but except that i played a few turns with japan on a medium sized map. and im quite happy. the performance could be a bit better i guess but everything seems fine. what definitively is working better than on windows is that i now can easily tab out, this alone makes the port superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Figueiredo View Post
                Looks like native one. As far as I see running fine on Intel HD4600.

Comment

Installing now. I don't own any of the DLC, so issues with that won't be immediately noticable here. Hopefully the Mac/Linux/Windows version numbers are synced so that cross-platform multiplayer works correctly (there's been issues with the Firaxis/Aspyr versions for Win/Mac in the past).

Comment

Great!
                    And I'm waiting for Android port. I think that Civilization V will be playable on Android tablets.
                    SDL/OGL FTW!

Comment

Working...
                    X