No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Is Coming To SteamOS, Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd recommend buying it on GOG when developers will confirm that it will come there. It's directly supporting them. Plus GOG offers a "loyalty discount" if you already bought first and second Witchers there.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      I'd recommend buying it on GOG when developers will confirm that it will come there. It's directly supporting them. Plus GOG offers a "loyalty discount" if you already bought first and second Witchers there.
      What price were you offered for standalone Witcher 3? Mine was $AU80.99. I'm curious what other's are paying/expected to pay.
      Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
        What price were you offered for standalone Witcher 3? Mine was $AU80.99. I'm curious what other's are paying/expected to pay.
        Ah well, I've just seen this;

Fair Price Package
        Since price in your region is higher then the US price we?re giving you back the difference in store credit.
        Pretty decent of them to honour the differance (I guess they know we're often price-gouged =)
        Hi

Comment

Yes, a while ago GOG said that they'll try to prevent regional rip-offs like that.

Comment

Looks like buying the box will be the lamest... :-|

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            No, the point was that the game is cpu limited for many people. I've made said point 3 times now, but you keep wandering off into the bushes and focusing on the fact i said i7 instead of fast. Congratulations. You win a cookie.
            It does not matter, look at the pictures, eON sux: http://imgur.com/a/NuTrl
            Last edited by Licaon; 08 June 2014, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
              Looks like buying the box will be the lamest... :-|

It does not matter, look at the pictures, eON sux: http://imgur.com/a/NuTrl
              I didn't buy physical disks in ages Some people like collector editions and etc. but I'm fine with digital versions. I tried asking VP developers, whether eON can support DirectX 11 but didn't get any answer yet. So far I doubt it will be used for the Witcher 3.

Comment

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
                I seem to get anywhere from the low 20's up to 40 fps. I don't actually have anything installed to verify the framerate, I'm just eye balling it. At the very least it's clear the framerate is super jerky which makes it too distracting to play.
                Grab a copy of libframetime. Should work just fine on the NV blob.

Comment

I didn't buy physical disks in ages Some people like collector editions and etc. but I'm fine with digital versions. I tried asking VP developers, whether eON can support DirectX 11 but didn't get any answer yet. So far I doubt it will be used for the Witcher 3.
                  Witcher 3 made on same engine Witcher 2 using. E.g at least they had DirectX 9 renderer there before.
                  Our chances to get "exclusive Linux DirectX 9 version" with eON crapper is pretty high.
                  Last edited by _SXX_; 08 June 2014, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
                    Witcher 3 made on same engine Witcher 2 using. E.g at least they had DirectX 9 renderer there before.
                    Our chances to get "exclusive Linux DirectX 9 version" with eON crapper is pretty high.
                    Not at all. Witcher 3 is using next iteration of RedEngine and on Windows it's using DirectX 11. So it will either require translation to OpenGL 4.x or native usage of it.

Comment

Not at all. Witcher 3 is using next iteration of RedEngine and on Windows it's using DirectX 11. So it will either require translation to OpenGL 4.x or native usage of it.
                      First of all they might left fallback for D3D9. Also you missing fact that Direct3D 11 have "feature levels" available and they might deploy it with feature level of D3D9.

So I doubt it's good idea to think it's not going to use Wine/eON/etc until there is no official confirmation this will be native game with OpenGL renderer.

Comment

Working...
                      X