Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasteland 2 Planned For Release In August

Phoronix: Wasteland 2 Planned For Release In August

Going back to the Kickstarter campaign in 2012 where Linux support was talked about early on, we have been excited to see Wasteland 2 available for Linux gamers. In August is when the game has been announced for its official release...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY5NjY

Already bought it!

They had announced that they'd release it for Linux if it hit a certain goal.. but being skeptical, I waited until it was announced fully. So now it shall be mine!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post
      They had announced that they'd release it for Linux if it hit a certain goal.. but being skeptical, I waited until it was announced fully. So now it shall be mine!!!
      It is currently available for Linux users on Steam. I am having recurrent crashes though and I was waiting a bit more to see if they got solved on the game's side. It seems not. I'm on Kutbntu 14.04 with radeonsi (git about a week old from oibaf's ppa but recompiled with llvm 3.5 git from llvm.org's ppa). The game always crashes on me whenever it has to load a battle (the loading screen comes up and seems to load all it needs and then when it should show the combat thing, it just crashes). I have not been able to look further into it so as to open a ticked on mesa's bugzilla.

Does anyone else experience crashes on this game with mesa?

Comment

I'm not using Mesa, though I haven't launched it yet (downloaded it last night, even though I've been aware of it for a while, was going to re-win Wasteland 1 first). I'll report to say how it runs on nVidia though.

Some games that have 'Linux support' have been pretty flaky. Though at least Deadfall Adventures said it was still beta.

Comment

Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
          It is currently available for Linux users on Steam. I am having recurrent crashes though and I was waiting a bit more to see if they got solved on the game's side. It seems not. I'm on Kutbntu 14.04 with radeonsi (git about a week old from oibaf's ppa but recompiled with llvm 3.5 git from llvm.org's ppa). The game always crashes on me whenever it has to load a battle (the loading screen comes up and seems to load all it needs and then when it should show the combat thing, it just crashes). I have not been able to look further into it so as to open a ticked on mesa's bugzilla.

Does anyone else experience crashes on this game with mesa?
          I had a crash with nvidia blob. I played it once after update and it crashed in the loading screen of random encounter. I'll try to investigate further.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
            it crashed in the loading screen of random encounter
            That's the very same point where I get the crash consistently. The game allows me to wander the 'base' (is it a base where you start the game?) but crashes upon the encounters in the desert/wastelands

Comment

Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
              That's the very same point where I get the crash consistently. The game allows me to wander the 'base' (is it a base where you start the game?) but crashes upon the encounters in the desert/wastelands
              It just happened once so far. I had a few more random encounters and the game didn't crash. I'm using the latest nvidia drivers available (337.19).

Comment

Working...
              X