Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Games Pushes Unreal Engine 4 For Linux

Phoronix: Epic Games Pushes Unreal Engine 4 For Linux

Epic Games appears to be taking Linux support for Unreal Engine 4 quite seriously, per their latest blog post. They'll also be exploring Phoronix Test Suite support so that we'll be able to run benchmarks and test improvements of the graphics driver stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GCW Zero? Pah! What about the Open Pandora or the upcoming successor, the Dragonbox Pyra?

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      What about the Open Pandora or the upcoming successor, the Dragonbox Pyra?
      [UT99voice]Too easy![/UT99voice]

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
        GCW Zero? Pah! What about the Open Pandora or the upcoming successor, the Dragonbox Pyra?
        WOW ! I didn't knew about the Dragonbox Pyra !
        Very nice device....with that keyboard, i wonder if we can use it, besides gaming machine, like a good old Psion 3a or HP LX200 on steroids

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
          WOW ! I didn't knew about the Dragonbox Pyra !
          Very nice device....with that keyboard, i wonder if we can use it, besides gaming machine, like a good old Psion 3a or HP LX200 on steroids
          The keyboard on the Pandora is sweet, I have no doubt the Pyra will be awesome in that regard. Unfortunately the Pyra still a way off, they haven't even decided on a SoC yet (though the OMAP 5430 is looking most likely).

I got the Pandora for ?200 and was very happy with it up until I broke the screen (I have a replacement but haven't gotten around to fitting it yet). I'll be all over the Pyra when they release it, it's nice having a full Linux machine that can fit in your pocket. The only thing that let the Pandora down was the outdated OS which made it difficult to get software from repos. They're fixing this for the Pyra, going with Debian which is a much better choice.

Comment

Working...
          X