Tesseract Is Looking Okay For A Small, Open-Source Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Didn't know they moved off github (why keep the repo still there?). But the code in question has not changed, it still does 16k in the SVN file.
    I am not sure in that, even greater not sure when i read commits like this http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...cbed07b3ef35fe

He says shadow atlas explicitly use GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT16 texture of 4096x4096, not GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24 or 32. Isn't by using 16 he expects lower buffer/memory usage and radeon just mapped that as 32

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      I am not sure in that, even greater not sure when i read commits like this http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...cbed07b3ef35fe

He says shadow atlas explicitly use GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT16 texture of 4096x4096, not GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24 or 32. Isn't by using 16 he expects lower buffer/memory usage and radeon just mapped that as 32
      And yes i does work with screen depth 16, does not crash but with 1fps . So obviosly bug is in mesa with that format under 24 screen depth or something... fglrx works fine with that .
      Last edited by dungeon; 15 May 2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

And yes i does work with screen depth 16, does not crash but with 1fps . So obviosly bug is in mesa with that format under 24 screen depth or something... fglrx works fine with that .
        That is on llvmpipe actually .

[ 293.013] (WW) RADEON(0): glamor requires depth >= 24, disabling.
        . Must try fglrx again, does that supports screen depth 16? .

Comment

That is on llvmpipe actually .
          . Must try fglrx again, does that supports screen depth 16? .
          Nope both require 24 .

Anyhow llvmpipe works fine, bug is in radeon .

Comment

Not really a bug, more of a missing feature. llvmpipe obviously has no memory restrictions, but discrete gpus only let the cpu access 256mb. If you create a 512mb texture, how exactly would you upload data to it when you cannot access it all?

Ie, it would require additional code to split uploads in several pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              Not really a bug, more of a missing feature. llvmpipe obviously has no memory restrictions, but discrete gpus only let the cpu access 256mb. If you create a 512mb texture, how exactly would you upload data to it when you cannot access it all?

Not sure how, both radeon and fglrx have that same bar at 256MB, but flgrx works somehow .

Comment

Working...
              X