Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear Dawn Seems To Run Fine On AMD Linux

Phoronix: Nuclear Dawn Seems To Run Fine On AMD Linux

Nuclear Dawn, the Source Engine game now with full Linux support after a major game update was rolled out on Steam this week, seems to be running fine on AMD Linux hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If you can pls compare new catalyst to latest stable, although one card from each generation. Would it?

Comment

There is no point in launching this game for Linux. The servers are dead and nobody plays there. So what will we Linux gamers do with a multiplayer game that has almost no players.

Comment

Originally posted by SangeetKhatri View Post
        There is no point in launching this game for Linux. The servers are dead and nobody plays there. So what will we Linux gamers do with a multiplayer game that has almost no players.
        ive been playing all day, never took more then 1 minute to find a game and they are always full, no clue what you mean by dead...

Comment

Originally posted by SangeetKhatri View Post
          You could, you know, play with your friends?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            You could, you know, play with your friends?
            You need to pretend having friends?

Comment

Gotta keep up appearances

Comment

I'm using the open-source radeon driver, too. But for/with a HD5870. The game runs just fine, as most games do. The only current exception being 'Star Conflict'. I'm not sure what the connection is but when I jump out of the game (meaning alt+tab or ctrl+alt+arrow up with GnomeShell) and back in after the game found me a match the game will, on occassion, slow down and stutter.

If I restart the game all is fine (except that I can't join the match and have to wait, again). Sometimes that stutter happens after the 12th alt-tab, sometimes after the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                  I'm using the open-source radeon driver, too. But for/with a HD5870. The game runs just fine, as most games do. The only current exception being 'Star Conflict'. I'm not sure what the connection is but when I jump out of the game (meaning alt+tab or ctrl+alt+arrow up with GnomeShell) and back in after the game found me a match the game will, on occassion, slow down and stutter.

If I restart the game all is fine (except that I can't join the match and have to wait, again). Sometimes that stutter happens after the 12th alt-tab, sometimes after the first.
                  OpenSuSE, pontostroy Mesa from git. r600g on 5730M, and had no such troubles.

Running SC required STEAM_RUNTIME=0 but that was only trouble*.

(Not counting failure to autodetect RAM size, cause I checked gfx settings in first 5 secs )

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
                    OpenSuSE, pontostroy Mesa from git. r600g on 5730M, and had no such troubles.

Running SC required STEAM_RUNTIME=0 but that was only trouble*.

(Not counting failure to autodetect RAM size, cause I checked gfx settings in first 5 secs )
                    May I ask why you are running SC with STEAM_RUNTIME=0? Are you using the non-steam version (if there is one)?

What do you mean by 'failure to autodetect RAM size'? Does the game sometimes fails to detect the correct amount of RAM?

Comment

Working...
                    X