Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Citizen Will Be Coming To Linux

Phoronix: Star Citizen Will Be Coming To Linux

For those that missed the news from this past weekend at PAX East 2014, a Linux game port of Star Citizen has been officially confirmed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This makes me very happy. I already had a copy of star citizen, so its great to know I won't have to boot up into windows to play it in the future.

Comment

Seriously behind the times on this Mick

All ready backed/pledged

Comment

I am backer too.
        Will be probably able to delete my WinConsole8.1 VM when this will ship for linux.
        Have it only for MWO but that may be replaced by SC.
        Hope that the AMD drivers (preferably FOSS) will be in a good shape to support this game.

Comment

Between this an UE4, Linux OpenGL drivers are going to be getting a really nice workout this year. Hope the non-nvidia blog ones are up for the challenge.

Comment

By the time this comes out I should be done watching the entire star trek franchise, I will be ready for this.

Comment

Steam Box Ftw!!!

Comment

/thread (if you want to join the discussion on SC's forums on a thread from shortly before the announcement)

Comment

Backed it for $1250. Going to build a completely new PC just to play this game. Fuck PC/MAC. Linux is the only platform I'm ever going to run this on. Chris Roberts is my hero. I'll back his next game for $2k.

Comment

Also been a backer since the kickstarter campaign. Glad to see it'll be available on Linux. Civ5 and Skyrim are pretty much the only reasons that I boot into Windows these days (yeah, yeah, wine exists). Hopefully Civ: Beyond Earth being available on Linux and my eventually finishing Skyrim will mark an end to me needing windows installed.

Comment

Working...
                    X