No announcement yet.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Is Coming To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure Origin as an entity was absorbed by EA many moons ago. There haven't been any games published as Origin since... I'd say Ultima Online. Well pretty much, just verified on mobygames.com that 2006 was the last expansion of Ultima Online published by ORIGIN Systems, Inc. They also Published a Wing Commander 1+2 in 2011, but I'm sure that was just a republish. Though it also says that the studio was closed on Febuary 25, 2004. Sad sad days. They made some of my favorite games.

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post
      I'm pretty sure Origin as an entity was absorbed by EA many moons ago. There haven't been any games published as Origin since... I'd say Ultima Online. Well pretty much, just verified on mobygames.com that 2006 was the last expansion of Ultima Online published by ORIGIN Systems, Inc. They also Published a Wing Commander 1+2 in 2011, but I'm sure that was just a republish. Though it also says that the studio was closed on Febuary 25, 2004. Sad sad days. They made some of my favorite games.
      Did I mention that I don't like EA? Origin was good until EA took over.

Comment

Originally posted by b15hop View Post
        Did I mention that I don't like EA? Origin was good until EA took over.
        You guys talking aboit the company or the software, Orogin?
        Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
          The company that made such great games as the Ultima series, No Remorse, Autoduel, etc. Speaking of Autoduel, who owns the video game rights to that? Steve Jackson still? If I were ever to get into programming enough that I could design a game, it'd be an Autoduel game. Loved that one.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
            So tell me when Origin will be next released on Linux? (the software)

I doubt you will ever see EA publish games on Linux. Android maybe, but not directly to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by b15hop View Post
              So tell me when Origin will be next released on Linux? (the software)

I doubt you will ever see EA publish games on Linux. Android maybe, but not directly to Linux.
              Okey dokey. Not sure how you managed that. I was just clarifying whay Origin tjey wete talking abouy. Nothing to do with Windows, Linux etc.
              Hi

Comment

So, did anyone else read that this is a mod for Civ:5 in the same vein as Colonisation was for Civ 4? And apparently coming in October 2014 and Amazon is probably asking 27E* for it?

It should have Linux support by de facto now that base-Civ5 is on Linux.

Anyway, http://www.civilization.com/uk/games...-beyond-earth/ and steam had some links for the rest.

*27E is about 38 US/AU/NZ space bucks and 21 arse pounds.
                Hi

Comment

Geeh linux reordering is up:

BEYOND EARTH MAC AND LINUX LAUNCH DETAILS
                  DATE: Oct 20, 2014POSTED BY: David Hinkle
                  We're pleased to announce Aspyr has lined up launch timing for the Mac and Linux versions of Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth. Mac and Linux users will be able to play on their respective platforms Holiday 2014.
                  Players anxious to take a turn at the Mac and Linux versions may pre-order Beyond Earth right now through Aspyr's online store at GameAgent.com. All pre-orders through GameAgent.com will include the Exoplanets Map Pack as a free bonus. Additionally, any customers who are established GameAgent members will find a note on the Beyond Earth product page that will grant them a special 15% pre-order discount. This offer expires once the Mac and Linux versions of Beyond Earth have launched.
                  Beyond Earth on Mac and Linux will include all of the features found in the Windows PC release. All versions of Beyond Earth will support cross-platform multiplayer through Steam, and all who purchase the game through Steam will have access to each specific platform version through Steamplay.
                  Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth launches worldwide on Windows PC on October 24, 2014.
                  No word which opengl version is used but system requirements might suggest opengl4?:
                  Linux System Requirements (Steam)
                  Operating System: SteamOS, Ubuntu 14.04
                  CPU Processor: Intel Core i3, AMD A10
                  CPU Speed: 2.4GHz
                  Memory: 4 GB RAM
                  Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
                  Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 6450
                  Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 640M
                  Video Card (Intel): Iris Pro
                  Video Memory (VRam): 1GB
                  Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client.

Comment

Working...
                  X