Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteamOS Beta 96 Updates AMD Driver, Improves Brix Support

Phoronix: SteamOS Beta 96 Updates AMD Driver, Improves Brix Support

Valve has announced the latest version of the SteamOS "Alchemist" Beta with their update 96 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if this will succeed.

Comment

Possible stupid question. I've got SteamOS installed, so I just

Code:
      sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
      to get this update, right?

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
        Possible stupid question. I've got SteamOS installed, so I just

Code:
        sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
        to get this update, right?
        You'd have to opt into the beta repo first to get that update. You can do that by editing your soruces.lst file or install a package which basically does that for you. Don't remember what it was called.

Comment

This is a non-beta update, you don't need this. Just go into your system settings and hit "check for SteamOS update", or simply reboot. You'll see the update level become 96 when the update is done.

Comment

Giving any desktop electronics component a model name like "brix" seems like a bad idea.

Comment

I wonder if those changes are committed back to Debian as SteamOS is based in Debian...

Comment

The Brix Pro's wifi is very bleeding edge.. surprised they got drivers!

Wish I could get working standalone drivers w/out updating my kernel to 3.14.x

Comment

Working...
                X