Unity 5 Announced With New Game Engine Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
    what part of unity3d not working in linux you dont understand?
    The part where this article says it does now?

Comment

what part of unity3d not working in linux you dont understand? i?m not talking about webgl i?m talking about the games who use unity3d web player
      Yeah now they won't need to use that, it'll work via WebGL. An article talking about that is linked right at the start of this article.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Huh, these guys are still around? I'm... not sure how I feel about that. The idea is pretty cool, but it's been floating around for a really long while and nothing ever seemed to realise from it.
        yeah they are. And stuff looks awesome. You'll find three screenshots inside the blogpost I linked.

Also these: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_H9Yag6ZoE...yAlignment.png

Also take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6a69...N4P_ZxIy29DNQw

IMHO it's completely justified that they take so long. I mean the only other game that comes even close to what these guys want to do is Vendetta Online. They're both working from exact opposite positions: While GuildSoftware/Vendetta Online has a 'public' build and continues to advance it at a (more or less) steady pace, these guys want to build the complete thing and release it. (More or less, since they want to release Battlescape as a cash cow it's more or less like Guns of Icarus)

Comment

i see now

i see now, sorry, not working in chrome? i have dont use firefox, dont like

Comment

not working in chrome
            Where do you get that from? From their website:
            take your content to any browser that supports WebGL without requiring a plugin.

Comment

??

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
              Where do you get that from? From their website:
              i ask, how it work?

Comment

i ask, how it work?
                That's definitely not what you asked. You indicated that it didn't work.

It works fine in Chrome. At the moment, it's slower, since Chrome doesn't optimize asm.js like Firefox does.

I suspect that may change sooner or later, though, and until then you may be looking at around a 25% performance difference. That's just a guess, i'm sure it depends based on the game and how much work you put into it.

Comment

Working...
                X