Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOG.com Will Begin Offering Linux Games

Phoronix: GOG.com Will Begin Offering Linux Games

The GOG.com online game store that offers various DRM-free game titles will finally begin shipping Linux games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So.. is it going to be just the Dosbox stuff or will they attempt wine wrappers?
    What about library linking? I assume it's going to be static?

Comment

THE Witcher 3?

Pls. Pls. Pls.

(Not only would be AAA title but also from Poland )

Also Valve seam to have little to no influence over older titles. If GOG.com can push for classics (and same prices...) ....... Tasty.

PS Do GOG.com have analog to steamplay?

Comment

This is after they said in september last year to me it would be too hard:

Well folks a lot of you saw this one coming, GOG.com have officially responded to us to state that Linux support just isn't happening anytime soon. UPDATED

They claimed too many distro's made it difficult and they would only do it if they supported them all, now they come out saying "we support Ubuntu & Mint!".

Comment

It's probably just the dosbox stuff, but hey, baby steps

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
            It's probably just the dosbox stuff, but hey, baby steps
            As long as they offer Linux version of games that have a linux version, or use an emulator that's available on Linux (dosbox, I don't know if they use others) it's gold for me.

Comment

They claimed too many distro's made it difficult and they would only do it if they supported them all, now they come out saying "we support Ubuntu & Mint!".
              either they lied because they didn't care to try or then had no clue how hard it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
                I find it nice that they realized they were wrong, and changed their minds. I hope they won?t release debian packages, though, that would be annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
                  PS Do GOG.com have analog to steamplay?
                  You'll have to explain what this "steamplay" is...

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post

Well folks a lot of you saw this one coming, GOG.com have officially responded to us to state that Linux support just isn't happening anytime soon. UPDATED

Yes, typical excuse used by companies who do not want their real reasons publically discussed.

Ryan "Icculus" Gordon made it very clear in his presentation at the Valve conference that this so called "argument" has always been bull shit.

Comment

Working...
                    X