No announcement yet.

GOG.com Will Begin Offering Linux Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this mean their games will only work on Ubuntu based distros, or those are just the officially supported distros? I don't see why an app would work on one distro and not the other.

Comment

Heh, Loki and some others made their jobs easier. Kind of. Updating 10-year-old code is fun

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
        Does this mean their games will only work on Ubuntu based distros, or those are just the officially supported distros? I don't see why an app would work on one distro and not the other.
        Those are officially supported, and even then only for now (the list might grow in the future). There is nothing preventing games from running on other distros, not yet anyway (well, who knows what Canonical can think up next...).

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          You'll have to explain what this "steamplay" is...
          You get free win and osx copies of the game. So You bay the game not the version.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
            You get free win and osx copies of the game. So You bay the game not the version.
            Oh, so you mean the "download" buttons. They're quite there. Nobody would ever have it any other way, so it would be pointless to assign any PR name to it.

Comment

Oh, so you mean the "download" buttons. They're quite there. Nobody would ever have it any other way, so it would be pointless to assign any PR name to it.
              There are still people on kickstarter who tell you you?ll have to choose one platform for your digital copy of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                There are still people on kickstarter who tell you you?ll have to choose one platform for your digital copy of the game?
                Huh. That's pretty sad.

Comment

Huh. That's pretty sad.
                  It's sad, but it's unfortunately common. For example, Sony charges 10$ to give you a PS4 version of a PS3 game you've already paid full price for. Also, you'll need to pay again if you want a XBox version of a PS game you already own. Steam was a bit of an exception because it's one distributor for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Comment

Loki?

I haven't been able to find out anything one way or the other on this. Does anyone know if gog will be bringing over the old Loki titles? I'd love to have an updated SimCity 3000! Alpha Centauri, Shogo (which I think never saw a formal release before they tanked), etc would also be fun.

Comment

They haven't mentioned any details yet. Maybe they won't until August. I'd expect them to not share a lot of details until E3, at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X